Search

Manarola or Vernazza?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manarola or Vernazza?

Hello Everyone!

I have read dozens of posts regarding where to stay in the C.T. and I still cannot make a decision. I have narrowed it down to Manarola and Vernazza. I understand that V. is the most lovely, has more places to stay, eat, shop, can be more expensive, more crowded with tourists. Manarola is smaller, sweet, still very pretty, with less places to stay and eat. I lean more toward the less crowded town of M. but my sister who was just there last April votes for V.

I will be there on my honeymoon for two days and two nights in early September. We plan to do the hike one day and take a boat trip to Portovenere the next day.

I welcome your votes. We would love a view, a private/quiet room and our max. budget a night is 130E. I can do my own search of hotels and I've already taken some notes, but I am also open to nice hotel/B&B suggestions.

Thanks in advance - I don't know how I could have planned my honeymoon w/o this chat board. If only the U.S. dollar were stronger!

- Betsy
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 07:36 AM

We stayed in Manarola and liked it. But I'm not sure what you want from us? Your descriptions of both towns are dead-on, so we can't make up your mind for you. It is up to YOU which of those descriptions is what YOU want!
If you want more life then Vernazza. If you want more quiet and out of the way, then Manarola.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Patrick,

Thanks for your very nice input. I have decided on Manarola as the thought of an over-crowded Vernazza scares me. I am sure we can enjoy a lunch there one day. Manarola is lovely and will give us exactly what we are looking for on our honeymoon.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 01:16 PM

Neither: Stay at Riomaggiore-it's simply the best!!
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 01:26 PM

Well, everybody is right so far. All the villages are nice, and each of them has its own character and appeal. Just remember that you can stay in any village you want, and all the others are just a short train ride away. You can still experience at least two or more of the villages of your choice. Good luck.