Reload this Page >

Mamma Mia-Buy tickets before going?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 07:44 AM
michael

We will be in London April9-14.Want to see Mamma Mia-Should we purchase tickets before going or buy them there? What are the best places to buy before going and while there. This is our first time to London.

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 08:13 AM
xxx

Hate to tell you, but unless you meant April 2002 I'm sure it's sold out. May want to try and have the concierge of your hotel buy some from a broker if you're willing to pay. Other option is you can line up the day of the show to see if people turn back in tickets, but would waste a good portion of a day. That being said, it was a great show (we saw it in London last September). Also, it is now touring the US so depending where you live, may be able to catch it here. I think the website is mammamia.com. Good luck.

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 08:17 AM
Judy

Hi Michael, friends of ours went London not too long ago,and did not have tkts for Mamma Mia, and could not get them anyhere(they are that HARD to get). Finally, when they went to Harrods, they bought the tkts there, and they paid a healthy service charge, but they did not mind, at least they had tkts... <BR>FYI, Judy ps. check out the search function here,,,there is a lot of posts that deal with Mamma

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 09:32 PM
Burta

I was in London in December and was told many times that tickets would not be available with only a two-month lead time. I also tried many times to book tickets on-line, only to find that the show was indeed sold out. I kept trying, and suggest that you do to. I just felt more secure knowing that I could plan on going to the show rather than waiting until that day to check the half-price tickets booths. Keep trying the various on-line ticket sellers every so often. Something will come up. I can tell you that it was a very easy process both to order the tickets and to pick them up at the theater. <BR> <BR>Here are some sites to try: <BR> <BR>http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/index.shtml <BR> <BR>http://www.firstcalltickets.com <BR> <BR>http://www.LondonTown.com/index.phtml <BR> <BR>One of these sites had a layout of the Price Albert Hall so that you can get an idea of where the seat are that are offered to you. <BR> <BR>Good luck... <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 10:40 PM
cathy

Try albermarle-london.com for tickets. You'll pay a fee but reputable agent. We were able to get tickets before going to London this past February. I was unable to get tickets at theatre office or ticketmaster. I ordered/paid via email and picked up the tickets at the theatre the day of performance. It's a nice websit even if you don't order from them.

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 03:08 PM
Tony

I bought tickets (best seats)for Mamma Mia through Ticketmaster.co.uk/ No service charge. Also, if you are an American Express cardholder, their UK office has a special allocation of great seats available for the Lion King with no booking charge. Call 0808 100 5050.