'Mama Mia' by hook or crook!

Nov 16th, 2000, 09:17 AM
julie

'Mama Mia' by hook or crook!

We were lucky enough to get tickets (on the internet) for this show and it was delightful. Everyone left singing and humming, and was a real 'day brightener'. (We were in London two weeks ago.) I recommend everyone who is considering going to London do this show. By the way, this is one reason we go off season--to gain more accessability to what London offers without the crowds.

Nov 17th, 2000, 08:49 AM
andy

Yes, yes, yes! We saw it last summer and were stupdified! Very refreshing and fun.

Nov 17th, 2000, 09:12 AM
Lori

We saw it in April, great show, we left just feeling happy. Will see it again in April 2001 when we are in London.

Nov 17th, 2000, 11:01 AM
Judy

Hi Julie,, we are going to the Lion King, Witches of Eastwick, and I know(now) I will have to do Mamma Mia too. We are going for week around Valentines day, so this a going to be a nice little present(he does not know it yet, they never do ;-)....Thanks Fodorites!

Nov 18th, 2000, 12:05 PM
julie

Judy: Advise you to get tickets EARLY. We got ours over the internet (had to pay a booking fee), but were assured of a ticket; It is always sold out weeks ahead of time, so don't count on going if you wait til you get there. Another great one, (we saw in London last year) is "Buddy".

Dec 8th, 2000, 08:52 PM
Patti Suttle

Hi! I am so excited to actually contribute for a change (I've been asking a lot of questions). I have to agree with Julie-we saw "Buddy" in London in '95 (its been playing quite a while) and it was wonderful! The neat thing is that the night we were there some people were actually dancing in the aisles, knew all the words, were singing along-just having a great time!
We started talking to one of these couples (my mother-in-law from Lubbock, TX was with us)after the show and when my mother-in-law mentioned she was from Lubbock (Buddy Holly was from Lubbock) they got so excited! We ended up standing outside the theater for a long time just talking (we should have gone for a drink, etc....)Anyway, they wanted to know EVERYTHING from my m-i-l.
She told them that she had gone to h.s. with Buddy's brother and knew a little of Buddy's wife, etc..Well, they all exchanged addresses and kept in touch for about 2 years with letters and pictures of each others families. (That couple btw is the Pres. of the Buddy Holly Fanclub in London)After about 2 years of letter writing the couple from London went to Lubbock for some Buddy Festivities going on in Lubbock and stayed with my m-i-l. They have been to Lubbock and have stayed with her twice now and still keep in touch!
You just never know who you will meet when traveling!
Patti