malpensa to central station

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will arrive at Milan's malpensa.Will stay at Le Meridien, adjacent to Central Station.
Based upon what I read here, it would be best to take the Malpensa Express bus which stops at Central Station rather than the metro which will require, I believe, a change at Cardona station, thus transferring suitcases, ect. Is this correct? Where in Malpensa do I get the Express? We are arriving quite early--7:30am. Where can we exchange dollars to euro? Thank you in advance for your help.
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 02:05 PM

See http://www.straughan.com/italy/travel/milano.htm for links about some of these things, including bus schedules.

Yes, the bus will be most convenient for you.

I don't know whether the exchange booths at the airport will be open that early, but there are ATM machines scattered about, you should be able to withdraw euro cash with most ATM cards.

best regards,
Deirdré Straughan

http://straughan.com
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 02:15 PM

Bus leaves right outside of airport. There are ATM stations in the airport. Don't change dollars, just get Euro from ATM. Exchange is much more expensive.
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Original Poster

Thank you to both of you who replied so quickly. Perhaps you can give me a little more information. Will be in Milan from3/18 for 1& half day. Will depart for Venice early on 3/20. My plans is to tour the basic Milan sites-duomo, la scala & Last Supper on the 18th. and go to the Lake Como/Bellagio area on the 19th and return to Milan in the early PM and stroll around the corsos at night. Does this plan make sense? Please advise. Thanks a lot.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 06:58 AM

Sounds like a good plan. Milan is easy to walk around in with most of the major sights near to each other. I would suggest (if you haven't already done so) to make a reservation for the Last Supper. They only allow a certain number of tourists in each day, and sometimes if you haven't made a reservation, you can't get in.