Mallora trip extension

May 23rd, 2005, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Mallora trip extension

I plan to join a friend in Spain in a few weeks. He is going to a business meeting in Mallorca.

Have heard that Mallorca is a" sun lovers" package tour destination. I have never been to Spain before and would like some recommendations for a trip extension.

- Should I bother with Mallorca?

- Looking to see some sights but would also like the opportunity to relax.

Thank you for your help!
[email protected]
May 23rd, 2005, 12:56 PM

Hi Mackie17,
Firstly I suspect that your surname may very well be the same as mine...lol

Re Mallorca, I have been there many times and I think it depends upon what you want from your holiday. From my experience May/June is great weather, everything is fresh and it is the begining of the season. You don't say where you plan to stay but Palma is a lovely city and well worth a visit. If you want beaches there are hundreds food is always pretty good, just be careful around UK school holidays as the brits and their kids move in to Mallorca.As you say many places are package tour areas, if you want to avoid that, you may like to look at Villas rather than package hotels.
So to answer your question, should you bother I guess its a conditional yes

Muck
May 23rd, 2005, 02:09 PM

Hi Mackie:

You are really in a great spot to embark on travel to Spain, France or Italy. We did an overnight cruise to Mallorca from Barcelona a couple of years ago and really enjoyed the island. We rented a car at the dock and bombed around the island all day and had dinner in Palma before going back to Barcelona. We could have spent more time there.

We also went to Madrid, Toledo, Sevilla, Costa del Sol and Grenada as well as visiting several towns in the Languedoc Roussillon area of France. We liked all the places we visited but our favorite town in Spain was Grenada. We stayed at a fabulous hotel right in the city and enjoyed the smaller feel of Grenada and of course, the Alhambra..
May 24th, 2005, 03:04 AM

Hire a car and explore the Sierra Tarmuntana area: Fortnalutx (spelling?), Deia, Lluc monastery and so on. Also some nice hikes there.
May 24th, 2005, 03:04 AM

Not Tarmuntana, Tramuntana.