Search

Malaga ,Spain

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malaga ,Spain

Going to Malaga 3/19, wanting to stay a by a beach close to Malaga with easy access to Malaga Centro by public transportation.
Which of the beach towns has better public transport into the city ?
Thanks for any suggestions and feel free to add hints for the area.
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 03:08 PM

depends how often you want to go there and how far. Torremolinas is about 30 minutes by bus or train (suburban train), so that would be one. It's a suburb of Malaga, but Pedregalejo has a nice beach and is on the municipal bus line (I think bus 11 or a night bus goes to/from there. They have some good restaurants.

https://www.guidetomalaga.com/do/wal...o-and-el-palo/

the public transportation website is supposed to be emtmalaga.es but I can't get it to work, maybe it's temporary
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 10:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Why not stay in Málaga itself. It has a beach. Bars etc?

Not sure what 3/19 means. If you mean 19 th of March.... Then note it will be warmish not hot.

Last edited by bilboburgler; Feb 23rd, 2020 at 10:35 PM.
Old Feb 24th, 2020, 09:52 AM

The beach in Málaga (La Malagueta) isn't bad at all. Much nicer than Torremolinos, IMO.

Old Feb 24th, 2020, 10:02 AM

I would definitely stay in central Malaga. We lived for a while about 50kms north of Malaga and would often spend weekendS there. Last time there we rented an apartment close to the wonderful Mercado Central de Atarazanas. The city beach is very nice, lots of restaurants and bars along the beach area to say nothing of te central area itself. March is not really beach weather so I doubt you would spend much time on the beach anyway.
Old Feb 24th, 2020, 04:40 PM

I agree with the posters who suggest staying in Malaga. It's a lovely city with a beautiful pedestrianized center, many interesting art museums, and a prime location on the Mediterranean. We loved walking uphill to the ruins of the Alcazaba, with its lush greenery, exotic flowers, small patios, fountains, and stunning views of the port and the Mediterranean. There is a lovely promenade along the port. We had drinks one evening overlooking the port while the sun was setting. Just beautiful! I think Malaga is an under-rated city. We stayed 2 nights, and I wish we could have stayed longer.