Malaga or Corboda

Search

Malaga or Corboda

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malaga or Corboda

I've been to Andalusia in the past and I'll be returning to the region soon. I have an extra day in the region and I am debating if I should spend it in Malaga or Corboda. I've never been to Malaga or Corboda and I'd like to know which of these two cities is better to visit and why.

Thanks.
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 10:28 PM

Much as I like Malaga (and I do, a lot), if you've never been to Cordoba I'd recommend going there. The mosque really has to be seen to be believed! And it's a lovely - if touristy - town to wander round for a day.
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 05:58 AM

justshootme,

Almost the same answer as hanl, including the fondness for Malaga.

We do not know your interests but surely it has to be Cordoba for the Mezquita, plus Alcazar and gardens, the Juderia and Medina de Azahara if you have time. Plenty of other little known 'sites' but you may not have time.

Best wishes.
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 07:18 AM

If you like architecture the Mezquita is a must see in the world. You could spend a great day walking through the ruins of the Alcazaba in Malaga too. Cadiz is also nice.
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 07:47 AM

I'd probably answer Cordoba however it's hard to say as it would really depend on your total itinerary as to which city logistically fits in with your extra day. For example, if you're already planning on staying in Sevilla I'd definately answer Cordoba and just as a day to your Sevilla stay for a daytrip to Cordoba. But if your itinerary is focused in another area of Andalucia then Malaga may fit better. Either way you can't go wrong - both of these are great cities. As for Cordoba being touristy if you venture outside of the Juderia and Mezquita area it's not at all touristy.
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 08:36 AM

99% of tourists would enjoy Cordoba much much better than Malaga, as nice and interesting as Malaga is

cordoba to me is one of Europe's cities most reeking of old-world feeling and looks - lots of old churches, whitewashed alleyways and yes one of Europe's most amazing structures - the mosque reincarnated into a sumptuous cathedral.
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 03:06 PM

I live in Malaga, and as the weather is so fine now here, I decided to make a daytrip to Cordoba. I have enjoyed it, of course, but it was unbearably hot, over the 40sºC. If this is an issue for you, have it in mind.