Search

Arcos or Ronda?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arcos or Ronda?

Since we have very little time to go to white villages, which is closer to Granada? After that which would you pick if you could only visit one? Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Neopolitan

Ronda is the one to go to if you have to pick one. No question!

Old Apr 27th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, I've been there and have no problem going back. Just wondering, is it closer to go there as a daytrip from Granada, Malaga or Sevilla? Last time we went from Malaga. Thanks again.
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Original Poster

Top, hoping someone will see this and answer!
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 04:10 AM
Original Poster

one more time, anyone?
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Neopolitan

Malaga - Ronda: 1 hour 20 min/ 72 miles
Sevilla- Ronda: 1 hour 53 min/ 84 miles
Granada - Ronda: 2 hours 9 min/ 113 miles

From Mapquest.

We drove to Ronda in a morning from Sevilla, and went through Arcos on the way, stopping there to walk around the town a bit and see the views, then on to Ronda in time for lunch.

I don't understand if you're fitting it between two of these other cities or going and returning from the same city, but you could easily fit it between any of the two.

Old Apr 28th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Neopolitan. We are starting out in Malaga and ending up (for the flight home) back in Malaga. WE want to see Granada and Sevilla. Basically, we just need to know what makes the most sense. I can't tell by looking at the map. Should we go to Granada first and see these towns on the way to Sevilla or hit Sevilla first, or go to the Ronda and Arcos (thanks for the idea of seeing Arcos as a side trip to Ronda)on the way to Sevilla or Granada first? I need advice on what order to take, so we use our time wisely. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Original Poster

If not Neopolitan, maybe someone can help. Where are all the Spain experts?
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 10:21 AM

Sans doubt - Rhonda - one of Europe's most physically spectacular cities. Arco de la Frontera is a classic white village but small and not much to do there it seems as opposed to gorgeous Rhonda (a deep gorge bisects the new and old parts of town) which also has a raft of churches, old houses, etc.
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Neopolitan

I'm not the person to ask since we haven't done that sort of loop. But I'm still unclear. Are you planning on some nights at any of these places? How much time do you have to visit these three places totall between the time you leave Malaga and you have to be back?

I'd be content with driving to Granada, spending a single night there after having all afternoon to visit the Alhambra, then drive to Ronda for a night, then stop in Arcos on the way to spending a couple nights if possible in Seville before driving back to Malaga. Is this a possibility?

Old Apr 28th, 2006, 10:32 AM

We drove from Malaga to Seville, stopped in Rhonda for lunch and walked around, then drove to and stayed in Arcos overnight (at the Parador on top of the hill), then off to Seville for 3 nights. Very easy driving, Arcos is much smaller, which we prefer.
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 11:07 AM

If you are asking which way to go I would start out by driving from Malaga to Granada. From Granada you can go via Cordoba to Sevilla. From Sevilla to Arcos, to Ronda - back to highway to Malaga.
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Original Poster

Thank you to all who helped, but especially to Raydotman. Exactly the kind of info I needed. We are hoping to spend at least 1 or 2 nights in Granada and Sevilla. Daytrips (or half day trips) to Ronda, Arcos and now, if we can pull it off, Cordoba. This is very early in our planning, but we would like to start booking hotels or paradors in Granada and Sevilla. If anyone has any other tips, please pass them on. Even though I've been to this part of Spain, my DH or BIL drove and I paid no attention. I only concentrated on the lovely towns and villages. This time, I'm one of the navigators!