Search

Malaga hotel and air travel time

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 02:07 PM
pdx
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malaga hotel and air travel time

While we're not ready to purchase tickets yet (waiting for tax refund)I am checking airlines and airfares. I keep getting a 55 minute layover in Barcelona between Newark/JFK, or another less-than-an-hour layover in Houston (or someplace) on other flights. Has anyone else figured out how to get around this? Delta and Continental are the ones that show up on itasoftware.com. Going to the airline websites I end up with 35 hour flights.
Also, does anyone have a budget hotel recommendation for Malaga, historic center?
Thanks for any help.
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 03:12 PM

hi pdx,
I don't think I understand your question about the flight (from what US city will you depart?), but for a low cost, central Málaga hotel, you should check the rates at the Room Mate Larios-they usually have standard doubles for under €100 (or if you need a single, for less).
www.room-matehotels.com
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 05:50 PM
pdx
Original Poster

That is a pretty garbled message, isn't it?
Ignore what I said, and whatever I meant beneath the word salad.
The data has changed since yesterday and will change again so I just need to stay quiet until I can actually purchase.
The problem is a 55 minute layover between Barcelona and Malaga, including a terminal change. I can't be comfortable risking that but the other options were coming up with way-long layovers that weren't very enticing either. We're departing out of Portland, OR.
I'm checking out the Room-Mate hotels now, thank you for the heads up.
Old Dec 24th, 2008, 03:18 AM

A great hotel recommendation from Maribel.

We lodged at the Larios in April 2007 and loved it. It had the best rooms we used on the trip each stylishly furnished, location is superb and the staff wonderful.

On the brochure we picked up it also mentions that it's rooftop bar was (is?) a favourite of Antonio Banderas.

It looks like it may have been taken over by room-mate since we visited.

joe
Old Dec 24th, 2008, 07:05 AM

If you are flying into T4S, it is an easy connection to T4 for the flight to Malaga.

If you booked the ticket with one airline, then they are responsible for the connection.

If you book the connecting flight yourself, then you will be out of luck if your flight arrives late and you can't make the connection.
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 10:54 AM

Another hotel recommendation:

Gran Melia (http://www.gran-melia-don-pepe.com ) is located near the center of Marbella. The accommodations and service are top notch. We were there about a year ago and will probably return later this year.
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 07:22 AM

Try Hotel Don Curro www.hoteldoncurro.com too. Not so stylish, but good location and lower budget.
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 09:59 AM

I'll second the Hotel Don Curro. I spent 4 nights there last spring. The rooms are recently remodeled. It's more of a business hotel but the rooms and bathrooms are very large. The front desk was not particularly warm but they didn't speak alot of english so it may have been a language barrier versus friendliness. I loved the location and my double room was less than 70 euros a night.