Making the most of Edingburg

May 21st, 2008, 07:42 PM
Original Poster

Making the most of Edingburg

I am taking HAL cruise out of Harwich in June. The cruise stops in Edinburg, docking in South Queensberry from 8:00am until 10:00pm. Any suggestions fro shore excursion activities that make the best use of this time?
May 21st, 2008, 08:48 PM

If you mean Edinburgh, Scotland, I can suggest a visit to the art museum, Princess Street Gardens, the castle, and the Royal Mile.

Edingburg is not a place I know.
May 21st, 2008, 09:05 PM

Just go to Princes Street (bus or cab) and then you will be walking distance from the Castle, the medieval old town, the Georgian new town.

To make everything make sense to you -- when you get to Waverly Bridge just off Princes Street, jump on the Guide Friday hop-on-hop-off tour bus - it will take you around to all of the major sites. You can get off wherever you want and then catch the next bus.

OR

If you want to do it on your own - walk up to the castle first. Then you can walk down the Royal Mile past the cathedral, and ancient bldgs and down the hill to Holyrood Palace/Abbey. This will take all morning and into early afternoon.

Then back to near Princes street and start exploring that area including views up to the Castle, art galleries etc.

But first - click on DESTINATIONS above. There is a lot of info about Edinburgh.
May 21st, 2008, 10:10 PM

<<< Edingburg is not a place I know. >>>

It's in Texas

as for OP - admire the bridges & South Queensferry itself then walk to Dalmeny station for the train to Edinburgh

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...rry/index.html
www.nationalrail.co.uk/

Once in Edinburgh walk uphill to the Royal Mile where there is more than enough to keep you entertained for the day

www.edinburgh-royalmile.com

Have an early dinner at somewhere like Stac Polly or David Bann and get the train back to the ship

www.stacpolly.com
www.davidbann.com
May 21st, 2008, 10:39 PM

The place in Texas is Edinburg (not Edingburg)