Reload this Page >

Making connecting flight between Roissy CDG and Orly

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 11:32 AM
Mary

I am considering booking a flight to southern France that would require getting to Orly airport from Roissy airport, to make the connecting flight to the south. Has anyone done this? I'd be flying AirFrance. I know AirFrance has a direct-route bus to Orly, but I'm not sure how all this works in terms of time; that is, what the safe minimum of time would be between the flight into Roissy and the flight out of Orly. Thanks.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 11:48 AM
Peter

Get on the Air France web page and they have all info about the bus service they run between the two airports as well as the routes into the city. I have used the bus several times to get to the city and back to the airports, but never between them. Wild guess would be an hour travel time between them, but guessing. Try the web site or maybe someone that has done this will tell us.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 11:49 AM
Bob Brown

I am doing this post mainly to bring your question to the top. <BR>I have not done the connection myself, but time of day plays a big role. <BR>Buses have to plough through all the traffic, too. <BR>The RER goes from CDG to Orly, but it is <BR>at least a 45 minute ride once you get rolling. <BR>This topic came up a few months ago and a lot of good answers were contributed. <BR>I suggest you try a search and see if you can dredge them up. <BR>The Search feature does work, I find.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 12:13 PM
Mary

I'd be getting into Roissy in the morning. Also, thanks for the info re old thread on this. I did do a search before I posted this, and it didn't give me anything. But I'll try again.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 02:32 PM
bob brown

I topped the transfer message for you. <BR>It should be close to the top if you look again soon.

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 12:23 AM
Mary

Bob, thanks! Yes, I found it, through scrolling. (Not sure why my search didn't work . . .) I have a feeling I should book with lots of time between these flights, or find an alternative flight route. (I'm interested in the Pyrennes, so maybe I can find something easier through Spain.) <BR> <BR>Thanks again, Bob. You're a peach!

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 02:17 AM
Rob

Nothing to worry about! If you are connecting from AF to AF, then they allow for enough time for you to tranfer between the airports (I think 3 hours is the minimum they accept). I.e., they won't let you book a connection that is too close in time. And, I've heard (not 100% sure on this one), that the bus transfer on the AF-bus is included, so you don't need to pay anything. <BR>Enjoy!