Reload this Page >

Magritte's Brussels

Search

Magritte's Brussels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 05:10 AM
shell

Magritte's Brussels

I'll be in Brussels on Friday and Saturday, and am looking for information on where Magritte may have lived, worked, etc. in the city. Most sources don't seem to show much except for La Fleur en Papier Dore, a bar where he used to frequent often. <BR> <BR>Any other surrealism fans out there who can help? (or just those in the know) <BR> <BR>Thanks

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 05:20 AM
ron

You may find this link helpful: <BR>http://travel.guardian.co.uk/cities/...525006,00.html

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 05:29 AM
s.fowler

Thanks Ron -- I've bookmarked [and printed] the article for future reference

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 06:06 AM
amy

shell- <BR>sorry i can't help with your specific question, but i can recommend the magritte exhibit at the musee des beaux arts. just a note of caution-i believe the museum shuts between 1-2pm for lunch so plan your timing around that. <BR>they had some great stuff of his.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 06:19 AM
shell

Ron, what a wonderful article! Thank you! I've printed it out, will investigate the locations and make my way there! <BR> <BR>Amy, thanks for the info about the museum! I'll try and catch it in the morning, so I miss the closing for lunch.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 12:50 PM
tttt

ttt