Europe Or Bust

Oct 1st, 2001, 06:45 PM
Scott

Europe Or Bust

I don't understand why so many are canceling their trips. My wife and myself are a little nervous but come on people- life goes on and remember people in our country and Europe depend on our dollar. If we all run scared what does that tell terrorists "weakness" . I understand the people that canceled due to the airlines although it's been 3 weeks. When will people think it's truly safe.

Oct 1st, 2001, 07:11 PM
abc

They have families and obligations, but like you I am not going to let anyone stop me from my plans. if they shut down flights , okay I'll stay at home, but little bullies whatever their reasons or agenda are not going to get at me. I just wish the women of those countries would get there acts together and that would put the quietus on them!

Oct 1st, 2001, 08:35 PM
Justine

Little bullies? If that's who you think they are you really do not have a grasp of the state of affairs. They are better described as diabolical, ruthless murderers who have no intention of stopping.

Oct 2nd, 2001, 06:47 AM
c

Aaahh, if only they were just little bullies and their women could control them..what a different world it would be,no? Perhaps that will console the thousands who have no fathers/husbands/sons-some bullies killed them.
I believe these are seperate issues now-1-are you going to travel regardless of the possible problems you could face abroad.2-will you stay home because you feel it is foolhardy/irresponsible to leave your family at this time.3-when things look bad you will decide according to your situation and expect everyone else to do the same.
Just a thought.

Oct 2nd, 2001, 10:05 AM
c

Ok, so don't travel.

But also, if you are worried about terrorists, don't work either. The vast overwhelming majority of those killed on 9/11 were *at work*

Oct 2nd, 2001, 01:18 PM
Shanna

If things continue to deteriorate, it may be all we can do to travel at home. I won't be going to Germany in 3 weeks if the US is dropping bombs on anyone - that's war, real war, and travel would have to come later although I'll be terribly unhappy since this trip is special.

Oct 2nd, 2001, 01:23 PM
Doris

Even now, I'm planning on going to Italy in 3 weeks and I'm having a hard time justifying it. I travel there every year, so it's not as if I'll never get back. I have family there. Gotta make a decision soon. Many things are pointing to not going.

Oct 2nd, 2001, 01:40 PM
Capo

c, Re: "But also, if you are worried about terrorists, don't work either. The vast overwhelming majority of those killed on 9/11 were *at work*."

Good point. In August of this year, a suicide bombing killed 18 people in a Jerusalem pizza parlor, and in June of this year 21 people were killed in a suicide bombing at a Tel Aviv disco. While some Israelis may have quit going out to eat and dance because of these horrible bombings, I suspect that most have not, refusing to let terrorists dictate how they're going to live their lives.

Oct 2nd, 2001, 01:47 PM
notelling

Maybe they just believe in the "when your number's up" theory.

Oct 2nd, 2001, 01:50 PM
Vita

I'm not sure if this is a very good analogy since people in Israel and the Palestinian Authority have live with violence on a daily basis for years and it could happen anywhere and at any time. Despite what happened on Sept. 11, I don't think we're quite at that level in the U.S.

Oct 2nd, 2001, 01:50 PM
Vita

Not yet anyway.