Search

Madrid to Grenada and Back

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madrid to Grenada and Back

Hello,

In early Nov I will be going to Spain. Part of the trip will be going to and from Granada an d Madrid, not in the same day. We had planned on taking a train but they only run 2x/day from what i can tell, one is kinda early and one is kinda late. I wondered if a bus would be a better option. Has anyone done this trip by bus? Does it take much longer? Do you need to buy tickets in advance? thanks in advance.
Also does anyone know of any places in Barcelona, Madrid or Grenada where one can hear live music, rock, folk, traditional Spanish. I dont need a place to dance, just want to sit and hear some good music. thanks.
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 10:48 AM

Advance purchases are usually less costly.

<<places in Barcelona, Madrid or Grenada where one can hear live music, rock, folk, traditional Spanish.>>

Go googling and check (for Madrid or Barcelona) Timeout.com, which is usually very useful for night time activities. Seriously, these are major metropolises that have live music all over the place.
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 12:30 PM

Have you done any serious research on your up coming trip? There are a number of topics on this forum that can answer your questions about plane vs train vs bus travel between Madrid and Granada and live music venues.
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 12:34 PM

I just noticed. Hopefully you're not planning on taking the bus or train from Madrid to Grenada, as Grenada happens to lie in the Grenadines in the blue waters of the Caribbean.
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 11:45 PM

Bus company www.alsa.es
Flights with at least Iberia (but probably extraordinary cost compared to bus or train).

Plenty of information about flamenco is out there, possibly most 'earthy' to see in a cave in Granada's Sacromonte area, but flamenco is as diverse as 'pop music'.