Madrid buses to Segovia, Salamanca question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope some of you Spain experts can help me. I am planning my July trip which will include travel between Madrid and Segovia and Salamanca. I have 14 nights to split between Madrid, Toledo, Segovia and Salamanca. According to everything I've read here, in Maribel's guides, etc. the bus is better than the train. However, on the auto-res site, they give you a pop-up message that says:
SUPRESION PARADA PASEO DE LA FLORIDA DE MADRID (Estación del Norte).Hasta la finalización de las obras en la M-30, desde el día 11 de Septiembre de 2.006 queda suprimida la parada que se venia realizando en el Paseo de la Florida, efectuándose la entrada y la salida de Madrid por la M-40. Rogamos disculpen las molestias.

A few days ago I asked for help translating that and it said that the stop was cancedled. So, where is the bus stop that buses to and from those cities would leave from?

I'm trying to work out all the logistics before I decided what order to do the cities in. Other than logistically, getting to and from them, I don't care what order I do them in. Obviously I need to know ahead of time in order to book hotels.

Can anyone help me here?
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 08:03 AM
kja

When I went, trains generally suited my schedule better for visiting these cities than buses. I took a bus from Segovia to Avila and from Madrid to Toledo, but the rest of my connections were by train. Hope that helps!
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 08:36 AM

I do not think Maribel has said that bus is always better than the train. It is true I believe Madrid Segovia, but for instance, we recently took the train between Salamanca and Madrid. It was inexpensive a nice ride, and a pleasant one. I guess one way was like 25 usa aprox. Only thing the train stops in Chamartin which is a little North, if you have very little luggage you can take the train that connects Chamartin with Atocha, also you can get off in middle way.
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 09:05 AM

Last summer upon arrival by plane to Madrid, we took a taxi to the appropriate bus station for going to Salamanca. It is at Casal de Condes. Returning to Madrid three days later we again took the bus arriving at that same station. The bus was very nice and comfortable. We chose it over the train based on the opinions of several posters here.
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 03:47 PM

Isabel - I just did a search looking for info on buses to Segovia and saw that you had the same question that I do. Did you ever find out any info on how to catch the buses running from Madrid to Segovia?
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 04:04 PM

the company is la sepulvedana.

here is the address:

http://www.lasepulvedana.es/

Autobús Madrid-Segovia. La Sepulvedana Teléfono de información: 91 5598955 Salida desde Madrid: Paseo de la Florida, 11