Search

Madrid Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2001, 08:45 PM
Roz

Madrid Hotels

I am looking for a hotel to stay in while I am visiting Madrid next month. I'd like a hotel that is within walking distance to museums, etc.

Old Jan 19th, 2001, 09:22 PM
Aphra

For as complete a compendium of information about Madrid as you're likely to find anywhere, go to www.madridman.com. Absolutely indispensible!

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 12:08 AM
Kathleen

Hi Roz, <BR> <BR>I stayed at the Hotel Mora when I was in Madrid. It's within 2 blocks from the Prado, the Reina Sofia, and the Thyssen ... right in the center of the Golden Triangle formed by these three museums. <BR> <BR>It's a very nice, reasonably priced hotel with a charming and helpful staff. <BR>I'm sure that you could find information on it by doing a search on this forum. <BR>It's also recommended in a number of travel guides. <BR> <BR>Have a great trip! <BR>Kathleen

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 05:09 AM
Helen

A good and very cheap central hostal to stay in is Hostal Villiamez. It cost just £25 a night per room and was basic but very clean with TV and en-suite bathrooms. The owner is also very friendly. The Hostal is located about 5 mins walk from the Prado.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 08:35 AM
burtmanb

Hotel Mora is the way to go. Super convenient, clean and affordable. Save your money for the food and fun stuff. <BR> <BR>~BmanB

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 12:52 PM
Henry

We stayed at the Tryp Ambassador in 5/2000.We liked it very much.Nice room and breakfast.Very good location.It is about 10% cheaper to book room through their central reservations.Enjoy

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 06:28 AM
Tom

Hotel Villa Real. Right by the Prado and next door to the Palace. Very nice, but not as expensive as the Palace.

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 08:44 AM
Sherry

I will be traveling with my husband to Madrid May 1-4. We would like to stay at a hotel that offers a little of Spain (not american) and are willing to pay $100-150US. We would like to be in the heart of Madrid and close to sites, good restaurants and shopping. I already researched many web sites but I am looking a recomendation that you might have.

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 09:24 AM
Art

Hi Roz, we stayed at the Hotel Mora last Sept and found as posted above, the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The Prado is across the street and downtown not far. The room was clean and the attached resturant nice if you want to eat in. It was approx $50/night for a double. <BR>