Search

Madrid Card?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madrid Card?

Searched and didn't find any posts about this.

madridcard.com.

Appears to cover all the attractions and use of the Madrid Vision tourist bus. Not sure how extensively these buses cover the city.

One day is 38 euros, 2 days is 44 euros and 3 days is 53 euros.

Hmm, would be preferable if they just did the admission to the sites and not make you pay for the bus.

Anyone ever use the Madrid Card?

The site also sells the Tourist Travel Passes for the metro and regular buses.

A 5-day Zone A pass is a bit over 13 euros. The metromadrid.es site doesn't appear to have English pages? And Zone T pass isn't really needed unless one is staying outside the city?

Old Sep 29th, 2006, 07:45 AM

scrb,
I don't really find it a money-saver unless you're in constant motion. It's too expensive for what you get, and you don't come out ahead. Many Spanish cities have these cards now, but I don't think they're worth the money. You need to be constantly on the move, see all the museums and use all the store/restaurant discounts for it to be worth the expense.

What I have bought is the Paseo del Arte, which is a discount, valid for 1 yr., for admission to the big 3: Prado, Thyssen, Reina Sofía.
The wonderful Sorolla museum is free on Sunday, as are the Prado and Reina Sofía, but the Prado can be jammed on Sun., so I try to avoid it then.

The great Museo de la Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando is free on Wed. and the Museo Cerralbo is (or used to be) free on Wed. and Sun. On Sun. you'll have it to yourself.

As for the metro-bus, I just buy a Bono Transporte of 10 tickets, which indeed is a money saver.
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Original Poster

I see that two of the big 3 museums are only 3 euro, according to Frommers, so it doesn't seem too bad. The third one is 6 euro.

Royal Palace is 6 euro.

Not bad.

Thanks again.
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Well, checking the actual sites instead of Frommers, I see the big 3 museums charge 6 Euros each and the Royal Palace is 9 Euros.

So that's 27 Euros right there.

I would be interested in one day of the Madrid Vision bus but not 3 days.

You wouldn't be able to take in all those sites on one day anyways.

It does include free entry to the soccer stadium and a few other sites but stil...

Anyone use it recently? Or go to these sites recently?

They also promise discounts of 30% or more on car rentals, which are sky-high to begin with.
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 06:07 PM

I've also seen a Madrid Card Cultura that is less than the Madrid Card. Is there an actual difference and where can I get one if I do plan to hit the big 3 museums and El Escorial?