Madrid & Barcelona in November--experiences please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our oft-postponed trip to Spain, most recently set for September, has just been postponed again. My wife got picked for jury duty. Now we're thinking of going in mid-November. The good news is that the airfare is roughly half what it would be in September and there will be fewer tourists. But I've checked a couple sites on weather in Spain for November and get conflicting pictures. It's either moderate temperatures and dry or very cold (at least in Madrid) and rainy. I know that there's no way to predict the weather, but for our peace of mind I'd like to hear from folks who have been in Madrid or Barcelona over November. Thanks, Joe
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 09:45 AM

Same As Joe I would like to know the weather condions in Barcelona in November. Is it reasonable to walk most of the morning, and also after a hearthy lunch ? Does it rain/snow?
Same as Joe we cannot go but in November. The other good news is that hotels begin the Low season in November. Any first hand experience wil be highly appreciated.
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 10:30 AM

Hi,

Will the flip side of winter help? I was there this past February. Madrid was chilly but sunny - what I would call crisp days - and nice to walk around. Not as cold as Washington DC, where I live. I was fine walking around with a warm jacket and no gloves.

Barcelona was similar, although my last day there was raining, windy, and quite miserable. But that was one day out of a 2 week trip.

I would take advantage of the cheaper flights/hotels etc and go in November, but I am a big proponent of off-season travel. Just skip the beaches!

Karen
Old Aug 12th, 2004, 03:07 AM
Original Poster

topping
Old Aug 12th, 2004, 07:19 AM

No one can predict weather so far in advance but here's a website that will give you an idea of what to expect:
http://www.worldclimate.com