Search

Madeira

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madeira

planning on going to Madeira in mid June 2007 for 10 days. Should we pre-book accommodations from home or will it be easy to find places to stay once we're there. Any ideas on reasonably priced accommodations would be much appreciated.
Old Feb 13th, 2007, 04:54 PM

topping for Edson >-
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 01:58 AM

Hi Edson - Were you thinking of travelling around and staying in different places?

Madeira is really small enough to choose one place as a base and day-trip if you have a hire car.

You might get a better hotel deal booking in advance. Where are you travelling from?

Steve
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 06:52 AM

Hi Madeura is quite popular in the spring and I wouldnt take the risk. I don't know about yr budget but a famous hotel is the Reids, expensive but has various packages.
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

We were thinking of traveling around. With a car rental. We were hoping to stay in a couple of different places for a few days each but if the Island is that small maybe we wont have to. Our budget is modest and Reids is well above our means. P>S> we are travelling from Alberta Canada.
Old Feb 17th, 2007, 02:59 PM

It is quite small 57 kilometres in length by 26 and driving in some parts of Madeira especialy in and around Funchal is for the faint hearted only. You could easly base yourself in one spot and do several day trips, if really wanted to drive. There are several tour companies that do really good tours. The sort of tour I mean is with a small group in a people carrier or Minibus yes teh big bus tours can also be booked but the smaller ones are better, if you did not want to drive.
This website might help but i suggest you also get a guide book to read up on the island.

http://www.madeira-web.com/PagesUK/index.html