Madam Tussauds Advance Tickets

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In planning a trip to England in the distant nebulous future I looked into getting advanced tickets for Madam Tussauds in London. I loved having a reserved entrance time by having advance tickets for my trip to Italy last year and I recall the lines at Mme Tussauds being horrendous when I was there as a child. Any, you can now buy tickets for the wax musuem online in advance and skip the queue. This is a wonderful idea and I highly recommend it especially if you are planning to travel with children or if it might be raining!

The website is: www.madame-tussauds.com

Just thought I'd share the discovery!
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 11:07 AM

You really don't have to pre-buy tickets to Madame Tussauds if you don't want to lock yourself into a set time. You can buy tickets from the little window right outside the baker St Tube station If you can't find it, it is right next to the Original London / Big Bus tours bus stop. You buy the ticket there and then just walk into Mme Tussauds through the advance ticket entrance. You don't have to wait in line at all.
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Janis - thanks for the tip! Sounds great - wonder why more people don't do that as well as just line up?
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 06:23 AM

Some place along the line, I read that you can also buy those tickets on the Big Bus?

Keith
Old Oct 23rd, 2003, 07:29 AM

Keith: Yes - you can. But the ticket window lets you get tix if the bus tour is not in your plans. If you ask the Bus tour hawkers at the stop just across the corner from Mme Tussauds, they can direct you to the ticket window.

Matrexx: Probably for the same reasons folks stand in long lines at the Louvre when it is well known about the museum passes that let you walk right in. A lot of folks just don't do much homework.