Reload this Page >

mad dash, Cologne to Heidelberg....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 05:48 AM
flygirl

Hi all<BR><BR>one last thing. I am picking up the car in Cologne Tuesday and heading to Heidelberg... what would be the best drive to take, and how long, roughly?<BR><BR>what I'd like to do, is beat feet to the prettiest part of the Rhine, then meander along for a ways, checking out the castles and pretty little villages (get ready for tons of photos when I return).<BR><BR>Does anyone have any place specific they'd like to throw into the ring for consideration? Favorite little village, a great castle along the way I should make a point of seeing, and so on.<BR><BR>It's going to be such a mad day, I pick the car up early then take off for H'berg, then am meeting friends for dinner near K'town, then staying with my boyfriend's parents near H'berg. what a long day & lots of driving!!

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 05:58 AM
xxx

See ya tuesday....<BR>tomthebarncat

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Munchkin

I loved Bacharach and St. Goar.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 07:42 AM
Hans H

If you go by the fastest route, it takes about 2 hours, maybe a little bit more. Depends upon the traffic.<BR><BR>If you go to the more scenic places on the Rhine, you're leaving the fastest route. A good way to evaluate your time and plan your route: <BR><BR>http://www.reiseplanung.de/index.jsp<BR><BR>It sometimes asks for a specification, i.e. the postal code. Here are the postal codes for three places. Everything close to Bacharach should have a similar code.<BR> <BR>50667 K&ouml;ln <BR>55422 Bacharach <BR>69115 Heidelberg <BR><BR>Go to the field "quick route" and press the link "erweiterte Suche". Press "Zwischenstationen einf&uuml;gen". Start: K&ouml;ln, Ziel: Heidelberg. Just put in the places in the field "Ort". Press "Go". If it's unclear, you get options. Mark the correct one and press "Route berechnen".<BR><BR>Hope this helps. Have fun.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 08:34 AM
flygirl

thank you Hans!!