Lyon Hotel recommendation

Old May 14th, 2001, 08:19 AM
Jenny

Lyon Hotel recommendation

Can anyone recommend a nice, reasonably priced hotel in Lyon, France. I will be there in July, so I prefer one with air-conditioning.

Old May 14th, 2001, 08:44 AM
kk

Hi, Jenny. Three weeks ago I stayed in a Comfort Inn in Lyon, France. I just gave up and booked that because I'd had so much trouble booking in Lyon at a reasonable rate. Well, it was super! It's right on the Rhone River, near everything you will want to see (or even business, if that is what takes you to Lyon)(like Place Bellecour and Vieux Lyon) and until last year was just a small French hotel with small rooms, very reasonable rates, clean, nice public areas, etc. Then it joined the Comfort Inn/Comfort Hotel chain.

Its photo on the web looks like a US one, but the photo turned out to be just a generic one. The hotel is in an old building and has French charm. I loved it.
http://www2.choicehotels.com/ires/en...fo?hotel=FR284
Also, it IS air conditioned.

You can book it with the 800 number here in the US, assuming that is where you are now.
Or you can reserve online here,
http://www2.choicehotels.com/ires/en.../HotelCodeSell
using the Lyon hotel's code from the first web page I gave you--FR284.
(I used the 800 number, which I can't find right now, sorry.)
The double for my husband and me was around $60 and you pay extra for breakfast, but not much. It's in a lovely arched room on the ground floor. The rooms are tiny but just fine. Bathroom was good, too. I highly recommend it.
Also, for dining walk two blocks at night to rue Merceriere and eat at any of the bouchons along a two block area. They are great fun, very casual, good food. But plan on staying at least two hours because the service is slow, idiosyncratic, but fun and good. Have a great trip. kk

Old May 14th, 2001, 09:05 AM
Robert

Jenny: We are leaving Sunday for Lyon and I found the following "reasonably" priced hotels:

Hotel Royal, $100 to $125/night, book thru Summitt Hotels web site;

Hilton, $110;

Le Meridien, FF 595 thru American Airlines web site link.

Good luck

Old May 14th, 2001, 11:00 AM
Lori

Jenny,

We are leaving Thursday for Lyon and staying at the Hotel Des Beaux Arts for around $80 a night.

Old May 15th, 2001, 12:40 AM
Joelle

The Globe et Cecil hotel is in the same area than the Grand Hotel des Beaux Arts and is also highly recommendable. A double costs around 100 US Dollars and breakfast is included.

Old May 15th, 2001, 06:14 AM
mimi

We stayed at the Beaux Arts twice when we visited Lyon. Great location, nice sized room, clean, and near everything. The best part is they had been running a two for one week-end special if you get in contact with their hotel directly. Could not beat the price for Lyon has many deals for week-ends but only if you contact the hotel.