Luxurylink.com? Anyone won a bid before?

Apr 1st, 2002, 07:03 AM
Statia

Luxurylink.com? Anyone won a bid before?

Has anyone actually won a bid on this site? What was the experience? Are they reputable? I enjoy seeing and reading the auctions, but have never put in a bid for fear of the company's legitimacy and possible problems.

Apr 1st, 2002, 08:39 AM
Linda

Dear Statia, Yes, I have "won" several bids and like you, I was somewhat reluctant at first. Our first winning bid was for a week at Grand Hotel Regina in Grindelwald. We got everything we were promised and the hotel could not have been nicer. This summer, we are using two winning bids: one for 5 days in Bavaria and one for 6 sixs at Le Mirador spa in the Lake Geneva region. We made our reservations directly with the hotels, both were aware of our winning bid and worked with us regarding reservation dates, transportation, etc. While I hate to encourage others who might bid against me, LuxuryLink is for real and you can get some good deals at luxury hotels. Good luck.

Apr 1st, 2002, 08:42 AM
Statia

Thanks Linda! Glad to hear they're legit. I guess I'll give it a whirl when something I like comes up again. It's hard to find auctions that match the dates we can travel at times.

Did you contact the hotels directly before bidding since they always say that once you win the package, it is up to you to find out if the hotel has availabilty? Just wondering.

Anyone else have any experience with luxurylink.com?

Apr 1st, 2002, 08:58 AM
nmm

Hi Statia, used then 2X, one reg. auction & one best shot auction. Had no problems at all, was treated well by the hotels and easily got the dates I wanted. Will bid again this week. If you're looking at the exclusives be sure to check around, you can sometimes find better deals by surfing the net. Bid with confidence! Good luck!

Apr 1st, 2002, 10:43 AM
Statia

Thank nmm. Topping to see if anyone has comments.

Apr 1st, 2002, 12:23 PM
Linda

In response to your question, if my travel dates are restricted, I call or e-mail the hotels in advance. All of the hotels have been helpful and straight-forward about availability. When you inquire about availability, also have them send you a brochure. Most are a lot of fun to read even if you don't end up staying there.

Apr 1st, 2002, 12:46 PM
Gayle

We've "won" (bought) two trips through Luxury Link. You must know what you want in terms of accomodations, location, ammenities and type of room. You should also compare the packages to deals directly through the properties or cruise line. For example, I looked at a cruise offering and found the same package on the cruise ship's web site for $500 less. Now this is not the fault of Luxury Link, but rather of the cruise line who provided the inventory.

On the other hand the first trip we "won" to D.C. was an amazing deal. We did have some problems with the property and notified LuxuryLink as soon as were returned. They were instantly resposnive and forwarded our issues to the hotel but a month later, I've never received a reply.

The second trip is to our favorite Carribean isalnd St. Barths and is an incredible deal at a fabulous property.

And finally, I have to say that the staff at Luxury Link are wonderful, helpful and accomodating.

If you're a saavy travel shopper and know what you want and don't get carried away with bidding, then this is a GREAT site with some amazing deals.

Apr 1st, 2002, 12:53 PM
Statia

Thanks for the info Linda. I'll contact the hotels directly before bidding since our travel dates aren't usually too flexible.

Gayle: I live very close to St. Barth's so I've thought of bidding on their packages quite often, too. Yes, there are some great deals and we'd at least be able to get there on a simple weekend getaway.

Thanks again to everyone for the info.