Luxury Croatia

Nov 6th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

Luxury Croatia

My husband, 3-year-old and I are thinking of extending our late April-2007 trip to Italy so that it includes some time in Croatia. We often decide to go to a particular city or area based on the hotel. I am having trouble finding somewhere really terrific and special to stay in Croatia. All the photos I have seen of the towns, natural settings, etc. look lovely but I haven't found an equally lovely place to stay.

Any ideas for a fabulous Croatian hotel?
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:23 PM

If you are looking for a fabulous
hotels stay in Italy!
I am not sure there is much in Croatia that equals 5* hotels in US or Western Europe.
Nov 6th, 2007, 03:41 PM

In Dubrovnik, the Grand Villa Argentina is indeed luxurious. Perched on the water's edge with a fantastic view of the Old Walled City, I can't imagine it getting much nicer. I stayed in one of the villa rooms across the street from the main building and had a completely modern, very lush room with a gorgeous patio.

Some like the Hilton in Dubrovnik, but I think it's on the wrong side of the Old Town and you don't get the same incredible view.
Nov 6th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Villa Argentina looks terrific. Any other ideas anyone?
Nov 6th, 2007, 07:20 PM

Pucic Palace in Dubrovnik?

http://www.thepucicpalace.com/
Nov 6th, 2007, 08:01 PM

L.A.90004

(We live off Beverly Glen and Mulholland..90077)

We're partial to an upscale hotel that may be under some re-design now. Not sure. We've stayed there in 2004, and have sent family and friends. Gorgeous setting..just up the narrow road from the Argentina..a bit lower rates...smashing views, and a little jitney boat that takes you into the harbor at Old Town.

Oops..just checked on the net and it appears that they ARE closed for reconstructon..see link. Too bad, won't reopen until summer.

http://www.villa-dubrovnik.hr/

Try it sometime. You will love
CRoatia, and the Argentina will be a fine choice for you...great views and ambience.

Stu Tower
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:07 AM

Hi,

As you will be coming from Italy you may want to concentrate on western Croatia. April/May is off season, the roads are quiet and this makes it very easy to get around.
Have a look at Villa Astra and www.san-rocco.hr also the hotels in Opatija if you prefer a busier setting. How long do you plan to spend in Croatia?
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the additional suggestions.

We are still in the early planning stages so I am not sure how long we would want to stay in Croatia or even which areas are best for us. But it is likely to be only 4 nights or so. Currently I am having trouble figuring out how to get from to Croatia from Venice in April so I am not sure that we will even make it there at all....
Nov 9th, 2007, 02:30 PM

You might want to go to Rovinj, since you'll be traveling from Venice. You can take a hydrofoil from Venice, or a bus from Trieste. The Villa Angela d'Oro might suit your needs.