LUSH bath products

Search

LUSH bath products

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2003, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LUSH bath products

A friend has asked me to pick up some stuff from Lush for her while I'm in London. The lush.co.uk site lists just a handful of locations (5 or 6), is that all there is? We're staying at the Mayfair Intercontinental on Stratton St., is the closest one on Carnaby or Regent?

Is it much more expensive to buy it at Heathrow than at the other locations?

We're only in town for a day and 1/2 so I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to get it. Thanks.
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 07:05 AM

it should be cheaper at heathrow because it will be duty free, but i don't see it listed as one of their locations online.
if you can't make it to Lush, they do have delivery.
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 10:14 AM

It's in Heathrow but before you get to the Duty Free area - in other words anyone can shop there. Same prices as all the others though the shop wasn't quite as large. Still they had all the basics.
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 11:06 AM

Kristi the Regent Street store is only a short walk from the Mayfair Intercontinental.
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 11:25 AM

I wish I had waited to buy most of my Lush at the airport. It appeared to be cheaper and you could avoid packing it. I recommend taking it as carry-on. Some of my soaps "weeped" from the cold, air pressure, heat or something. Of course if you carry it on, you might have scent sensitive people complaining. The smell is wonderful, but really strong. I've already ordered from online since I've been home and the shipping charges are outrageous.

Beany

Old Apr 26th, 2003, 02:12 PM

Lush recently opened a store in San Francisco. If you want to order by mail, investigate ordering from the US, where the shipping charges should be less than if you order from the UK.
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 02:19 PM

Shipping isn't too bad if you order from a Canadian location...
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 02:32 PM

julie, shipping 3 bars of soap from Canada to NYC cost me $13.00 in shipping for $12-worth of soap
I would stock up on it and bring it back with you.
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 03:04 PM

shipping is scandalous but lush products are oh-so addicting
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 03:19 PM

OK----I'm an ignorant male(an old one at that) What's so hot about lush soap?
Four dollars a bar? It better get me squeaky clean,have lots of lather,a long lasting overpowering scent,and leave no ring in the tub or scum on the shower door!
Still at 4 bucks a pop I think I'll stick to irish spring. LOL
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 03:25 PM

John, actually, some of the bath bombs (bubble bath) have rose petals in them that fill the tub and require a scrubbing afterwards
There is just something about the stuff, it smells good and makes skin soft, but it is expensive when you buy bags of it.
But $4.00 is nothing! This past summer I found a soap that is $12.00 a bar
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 03:47 PM

SCARLETT
$12.00 a bar???? Did it weigh 5 lbs. and come gift wrapped in gold?
At $12.00 a bar ,I'd have it on a pedestal in my living room!!!
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 04:22 PM

Lush is FUN! The products are beautifully packaged and all natural. I bought alot of them in Canada. I use them on special occasions because they are pricey but well worth it. The stores also make it impossible to not buy them.
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 06:55 PM

Lush fig-and-leaves soap is indescribably wonderful. John, it does everything you specified and more! Using Lush products is a relatively inexpensive way to pamper oneself. A day at a spa can get to be expensive! No I don't work for, nor own stock in, the company
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 07:03 PM

LOL, John

Old Apr 26th, 2003, 07:15 PM

Quite frankly, I think the whole hoo ha over Lush products is overdone. Is schlepping heavy bars of soap your thing? If so, by all means do it. For me it would not be what I would do with my schlep allowance.

The whole fuss will end the moment Lush opens a store in the US.

There is, for example, not so much fuss over olive oil soap from Marseille now that it is widely available in the US.

To each his own--and, yes, I have schlepped some foolish things I had to have too (as in pottery). Nice bowls but then I had to lug them all over Italy and on the plane. Was it worth it? Probably not but I had to have them at the time.

We are all a bit nutty when shopping on vacation--the wallet is open and the inhibitions that would normally prevent many purchases just are not there. We use the vacation as an excuse.
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 07:33 PM

Different viewpoints make life more interesting. Thanks, Lauren. There IS a Lush in the US--it's in San Francisco, near Union Square. Availability doesn't seemed to have dampened the enthusiasm.
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 04:30 AM

and I thought I was being a bit precious and 'mad tourist' when I bought some fancy stuff from a stall called 'The Joy of Soap' in (IIRC) Nordstrom's in San Francisco.....
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 07:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies everyone!

My friend has tried Canada but they seem to be requiring social security numbers from US residents, something she's not anxious to give out. And they've also said some packages are getting held up at the border.

And she's tried San Francisco, apparently they are not set up to ship, even to US residents.

I don't mind schlepping a bit of this stuff since London is our last stop.
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 09:28 PM

When they first opened in Victoria several years ago, my less furry one went nuts over them.

Later she found online recipies she could tailor to her particular likes and make for a fraction of the price.

The store was cut in half by size due to lack of demand in a couple of years.

In the long term aspect of retaiing, I do not think they will be a keeper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -