Reload this Page >

Lunch in Pisa, Dinner in Lucca Suggestions, Please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 03:18 PM
Joyce

We'll be taking a side trip by train from Florence and plan on being in Pisa for lunch and Lucca for dinner. Does anyone have a suggestion for a spot to eat in both places. Nothing fancy as we will be in very casual attire. Any other suggestions to make this day trip a good experience would be helpful. It will be myself and my teen daughter (art major). Thank you in advance. I have read several guide books but I'm hoping for a "been there" suggestion.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 06:52 PM
Dr. Betty

I take it you'll be seeing the Leaning Tower while you're there. There are scads of pizza places and outdoor restaurants in the very vicinity. I wouldn't spend too much time searching out the best place for lunch, but go for the ambiance of what is close to what it is you are seeing. Lucca I have never been to, but again, exploring always seems to yield a place that is just right.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 07:19 PM
Denise

Joyce,<BR><BR>Definitely eat at "Buca San Antonio" in Lucca. We ate there for Easter dinner 3 years ago. Wonderful food and staff.<BR>I tried to cut and paste a past post regarding restaurants in Lucca but for some reason it didn't work. Do a search on this site for food in Lucca, or restaurants in Lucca and you should find it.<BR><BR>Denise

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Lesli

For Lucca, I can recommend Trattoria Buralli (the house specialty of pollo fritto with fritto misto vegetables is absolutely delicious. I usually avoid fried food - but I saw so many orders of it coming out of the kitchen that I splurged and did not regret it.) Also Da Guillio, which is a bit hard to find if you don't know the location already; ask for directions.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 05:46 AM
Dawn

For Lucca ourfavorite restaurant is Trattoria Stephani. It's fabulous food and very reasonable. It right outside of Lucca. Try the hot seafood antipasti and make sure you have the polenta with porcini mushroom brushetta. Heaven on earth!!

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 06:54 AM
Joy

I second Da Giulio and I also agree that its hard to find even with a map because it is in a corner near one of the portos. It serves wholesome food at very reasonable prices and packed with locals. I had pork slowly stewed in red wine with fried polenta.A side note: I bought their olive oil (served in each table) and after our meal as we were going out of the door, I dropped the bottle and of course broke it. Not only did I create a mess in the restaurant but I am without my olive oil. Our waitress nonchalantly and very kindly cleaned up the mess and gave us another bottle!!

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 07:35 AM
ingrid

I had dinner at Pizzeria/Trattoria La Buca right next to the leaning tower of Pisa. It was very good and fairly inexpensive. Nothing fancy but good pasta and pizza.