Reload this Page >

Lunch at a Paris 4 star Restaurant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 10:56 AM
Lori

My husband and I are going to do a weekend in Paris in November (our Christmas present to each other). We decided that we would like to have lunch at one of the 4 star restaurants in Paris (we understand that many of them have price fix lunches)to experience it all. Where would you recommend?

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 10:58 AM
elaine

For a very Parisian experience, <BR>Tour d'Argent. Perfect service,slightly pretentious, but very regal, excellent food although not cutting edge,formal decor, and a view of Notre Dame that is memorable. <BR>

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 11:01 AM
elaine

For a very Parisian memory, <BR>Tour d'Argent. Perfect service,slightly pretentious, but very regal; excellent food although not cutting edge;formal decor, and a view of Notre Dame that is memorable. <BR>Lucas Carton is a little more "clubby" looking, but my acquaintance tells me the food is outstanding. <BR>When you say 4 star, I assume you just mean excellent, as opposed to someone's formal rating. The best in Michelin for example are 3 stars.

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 12:59 PM
Lola

I have a really important suggestion. Have your concierge make the reservation. On my last trip to Paris, eating lunch at a top-Michelin rated restaurant, the service was so rude that we had half of our huge expense returned by the manager, who yelled at the waiters. The manager was aware that if he had not done something, we would have complained to our hotel (The Bristol) and they may not have recommended the restaurant again. Otherwise, we would have just had a miserable experience for hundreds of dollars. (It was a fancy, famous one, outdoors by the tennis courts in the park--I have blanked out the name.) Prices were high, service not good, compared to NYC at most of the highly-rated places we ate in. And we are friendly, courteous and knowledgeable folks;dining in Paris was really a disappointment this time around.

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 01:19 PM
Paul

Last December we had a wonderful lunch at Le Grand Vefour. Be prepared for 2-3 hours and to have wonderful time. We have found this restaurant to have superb food, excellent service and also found it to be very confortable i.e. not stiff and formal. We could relax. <BR>Anyway; enjoy yourselves and have a great time.