Luggage storage in Naples Centrale

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The last postings I found re lockers in Naples Centrale were from 2002. Any idea if one can store two suitcases for a few hours between trains? I am passing through Naples and don't want to lug the bags around town.
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 07:07 PM

Posted 11 June 2005 03:57 PM on Slow Trav.com

Actually it's about Termini luggage, but I did touch on the situation at Napoli also. Hope this helps you.

"Beware! We were at Termini at 9:45 AM on the 28th of May. We had disembarked from a 16 day cruise and had 3 roll-ons and a back pack. (not much for a cruise!) Our driver took us there and helped us with our bags to the baggage check. (Left luggage - can't remember the name) anyway, there was a line that went on and on. Our driver said it would take close to 2 hours to get to the counter.

Our train left at 10:30AM so we had to drag our baggage on to Naples. We were able to store 2 roll-ons at the Baggage Check in Naples and left them for 5 nights. When we picked up our luggage the total cost was right at 60 Euros! No kidding. We just gulped and paid it - what are you going to do? There was no way we could have hauled our luggage up and down the steps on the Amalfi!

Maybe it's not that high at Termini - but it might be the same throughout Rome. We were so surprised. We had left luggage in Barcelona for the same amount of time a couple of years ago, and it was just a few Euros. I just wanted you to be prepared."

Carol / Brahmama
Old Aug 19th, 2005, 12:05 AM

It's been a couple of years since I used it but Centrale *will* have a manned left luggage area.
It was down the hall from the last train track (#26?).
Regards, Walter
Old Aug 19th, 2005, 01:40 AM

There is a 24-hour manual left luggage at Napoli Centrale station. The price is the same as at other Italian stations. It's always seemed very efficient to me, and the price is certainly worth it if you want to spend a few hours visiting the city.
Old Aug 19th, 2005, 02:57 AM
ira

Hi Ems,

All you need to know about Napoli Centrale is at
http://www.napolipiazzagaribaldi.it/indexf.cfm

Old Aug 19th, 2005, 03:42 AM

Hi EmsNJ-
I did this (left bags there in Naples station for a few hours), and recall that it was around 7-10 Euros.
The storage place is all the way to the left of the station as you are arriving and come into the staion. I had no trouble paying the price, as it was worth the money to me.