Search

Luggage dimensions for KLM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2017, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luggage dimensions for KLM

Hy there travelers!

I just want to ask you if a backpack with Ryanair dimensions could fit on KLM company.
Thanks!

Best regards,
Margarida Pinto
Old Jun 5th, 2017, 08:12 AM

what are you asking about, to carry on? YOu should check the standards.

However, while they are basically the same size, Ryanair's dimensions are slightly different so technically possibly no. Unless you are talking about the very small personal item and that would be okay.

Ryanair 55x40x20

KLM economy 55x35x25
Old Jun 5th, 2017, 08:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What is ACTUALLY going to matter: whether or not any check-in or gate agent measures.
Old Jun 5th, 2017, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

Even if is flexible backpack that can shrink those 5cm?
Old Jun 5th, 2017, 09:27 AM

I don't see the sense of your question or later comment.

If you know the dimensions you are allowed, then simply ensure your backpack is under those dimensions when checking in for your flight. Whether they check or not will not matter if you do that.

You can find the allowed dimensions on any airline on their own website. Look it up, make sure you comply. Job done.
Old Jun 5th, 2017, 10:17 AM

You will probably get away with it. Sometimes they are super strict on dimensions (and weight!) other times not to much. Make sure it isn't over packed and bulging, that could attract attention and the dreaded frame.

One very important thing - if you are leaving from Schiphol you need to be at the airport a minimum of two hours before a European flight and three hours before an intercontinental one. Preferably even earlier as they are really struggling with passenger numbers and queues can be horrendous.
Old Jun 5th, 2017, 10:22 AM

Be VERY sure precisely WHO the plane "belongs" to now that AF, Delta and AF are sharing flights. I checked rules for Delta, when my first leg was through them, then got physically and emotionally accosted by AF CDG gate attendants, backed up by their superior, for trying to "sneak on" a bag of medicine in addition to my regular carry on. They not only made me pay whatever the fee was for an additional bag, but also treated me as a criminal yelling at me while I was on the floor in the middle of the terminal.

YET as it turns out, since I was a handicapped flyer, I was right about the rules and I had the right to the carry-on for my medicine (very heavy, but not large). I plan to have a nice long conversation with AF USA about this when I return!
Old Jun 5th, 2017, 10:39 AM

Luckily OP is flying KLM, not AF.
Old Jun 5th, 2017, 11:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The FACT remains that unless someone physically CHECKS the bag the whole question is irrelevant. To ensure that it STAYS irrelevant the OP needs to consult the site of the airline on which they are flying, NOT us.