Reload this Page >

Luge in Germany??

Search

Luge in Germany??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 08:31 AM
tere

Luge in Germany??

There's suppose to be some fun Luge ride in Germany somewhere. Has anyone heard of it and know anything about it??<BR>Thanks, <BR>Tere

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 11:30 AM
christina

I think that might be by Oberammergau. Not really sure though...will try to look through my brochures from area.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 11:52 AM
Alec

Luge proper is a winter sport practised on facilities similar to a bobsleigh run. In the winter many Germans take their sleighs and sledges to the slopes for a bit of informal tobogganning, but luge proper is done lying on your back. <BR>In the summer, many mountain resorts offer what they call 'Sommerrodelbahn', where you go down an aritificial run on a special sledge.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Dave

There's one of those summer luge things very close to Bad T&ouml;lz, south of Munich. You take a chairlift up, and then luge your way down the course. Fun to do with children.<BR>

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 09:53 AM
drf

There was a very popular one in S. Germany but rumor has it that it closed. Apparently there is one on the Austrian border that is good, sorry i don 't know any particulars.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Karen

There is a sommerrodelbahn at Tegelberg - not far from Neuschwanstein. Try a search using the German word in a search engine and you'll probably find quite a few.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 04:53 AM
Rita

Dear Tere<BR>My family just came back from several days in Germany. We found 3 luge-type rides. Each was different, but all were fun!<BR>The 1st one was at a place near Kirchgarten (Black Forest area near Triberg/Titisee) - this one had a ski lift type of ride to the top of the hill with tobaggan-type of ride down the metal-framed luge run. On the way up the hill/mountain, we saw wild deer & my husband claims he saw a wild boar!<BR><BR>The 2nd place was outside Hohenschwangau (spelling?) near the castle Neuschwanstein. You have to walk about 3km through some woods and along a stream to get there, but it was worth it. Our 2 kids found lots of snails poking out of their shells, salamanders, etc. and splashed in the small stream along the path. With this ride you get in the tobaggans at the bottom of the hill and ride them to the top where you begin the ride.<BR><BR>The 3rd place was in Interlaken - duh, I guess that's Switzerland! O well. Sorry! But we enjoyed it.<BR><BR>Good luck!