Notices

LUFTHANZA carryon limits and more

Old Mar 16th, 2004, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LUFTHANZA carryon limits and more

Flying LH to Frankfurt and will have to fly to Hamburg. Just read your comments about Fr airport and got worried because we will have
about an hour to reconnect. From Ter1 to Ter4. I thought it should be easy. But flight will be local - is this any better ?

We are having 3 seats at row 23 to ourselves.
Airbus 340-300 seems like OK craft, isn't it ?

Yeah, and for the price I paid $399 (to Hamburg) I wouldn't expect escargot and belly dancers.

I read about tunnels - does anyone knows about it ?

I just called LH - their carryon limits 22x16x8 pp 18lb max.
I will try to pack into 3 of these. I don't want to wait for my luggage. Plus I am leaving on the night of our arrival to Paris.
Any comments ?
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 04:39 AM
viennese

Ziana,
there are 2 terminals, T1 and T2, and they have different levels, so perhaps you will arrive at level 4?
If you actually have to change terminals, there is a sky shuttle people mover. As you are flying LH all the way, I guess you won't have to change terminals, just levels.

Old Mar 16th, 2004, 04:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks,
on my way back I will have to do Ter! and TerA. So those with numbers and letters differ somehow ?
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 04:53 AM
viennese

Ziana,
I took a look at Frankfurt airport's website (http://www.frankfurt-airport.de) and they have a terminal plan. As far as I understand it Terminal 1 has level 1 (arrival),2 (departure) and 3 (departure). On every level there are 3 fingers A, B and C where the gates are located.
So look out for an elevator in order to save time!

Old Mar 16th, 2004, 05:18 AM
hsv

Ziana,

on another thread that got wasted for some dubious reasons (and I am afraid to admit that I was involved...) you had asked for restaurant recommendations in Hamburg under your former screen name (Tat), I believe.

I added a list of recommendations, but am not sure whether you noticed it. I just wanted to bring your attention to this: http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...t=0&searchText

Have a fun trip
hsv
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 05:23 AM

Lufthansa can be very strict with their carryon limits. It's usually one personal piece and one "carry-on".
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you.
hsv, I have that thread printed out - taking with me to Hamburg.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 07:23 AM
yk

Ziana-

When you check in in the US for your flight, make sure the Ticket Agent (TA) check you in for your connecting flight as well and give you boarding passes for BOTH flights.

6 months ago I flew LH and had to connect in FRA. When I checked in, the TA told me that it was "too early" to check in for my 2nd flight. She told me I can just get my 2nd BP in FRA. Didn't know any better, I said OK.

When I got to FRA, there was a huge line at their LH "travel center" and it was moving every so slooooowly. Finally I got my BP and had to run to my connecting flight - and I had 2 hrs connecting time.