Lufthansa Business class?

Dec 4th, 2001, 01:44 PM
chas

Lufthansa Business class?

I am looking to fly Lufthansa business class transatlantic for my honeymoon... How is the service, comfort level...etc? I have flown United international business class... how does it compare? Thanks for your help.

Dec 4th, 2001, 02:25 PM
Alec

I've flown LH Business Class a couple of times last year on 747-400. Business section is about a dozen rows from the cone of the plane (upstairs is First Class). Seats recline to about 60 degrees, and are reasonably comfortable, but rather hard (like German cars?). Good leg room. Individual video screen, rather small, that stores in armrest. Service was efficient, rather than charming. Food was ok, not outstanding, and selection of wines a bit boring. Good airport lounges, but ones at Frankfurt (they have several) were very crowded. You can have two carry-ons of 8 kg each (may have changed after Sep 11). Haven't flown business with United, sorry.

Dec 4th, 2001, 03:03 PM
Bob Brown

Flew US Airways and Lufthansa last September, both in business class.
US Airways Envoy class was very good.
Lots or room; great service.
I prefer it to Lufthansa by half a light year.

Dec 6th, 2001, 12:33 AM
lightyears

well,
last time I try US Airways BC the coffee was hot and wet (nothing else). The food was cold and noone was realy shure if this is food, even the Americans. They booked us smoker instead of non and were so sorry about this (You see, a little time gone). They cant show the film and were so sorry about this. They cant find our bags in Frankfurt and oc. were so sorry about this. I'm so sorry about cant telling You whether they have changed anything.

Dec 6th, 2001, 02:12 PM
Bob Brown

As far as I know there is no such thing as smoking on any US Airways flight.
Are you sure you flew in the past 3 decades??

Dec 6th, 2001, 02:23 PM
Leslie

Actually, smoking has been banned on all commercial flights, except those originating from Europe to Africa, and vice versa. At least that was the rule a few years ago.

Dec 7th, 2001, 01:01 AM
lightyears

yes, You are right, has been a few years ago. But have no idea why I should try again ... too bad.

Dec 9th, 2001, 03:40 AM
nancyaustin

Very key: on Lufthansa business , they serve those excellent "laugenbrochen" - soft rolls that have the taste of pretzels.

I don't like pretzels and these are fabulous.

Nancy

Dec 9th, 2001, 04:07 PM
Bob

I will never fly this airline again if I can avoid it.

We go to Europe about 3 times per year and did Lufthansa one time last year. Bad service, rude people and poor experience. They are off my list for future flights.

Both ways, coming and going, were so bad we joked about them with the couple we traveled with. Water! We need water! "We are out of water" Temp is too cold on the plane. "The temp is fine! You must dress warmer". And on and on and on.

So bad, we thought we were on Candid Camera or Saturday Night Live. Forget this airline as there are too many that fly to Europe......carry on bags....."You are not allowed to carry on that bag!".....even after it was okay on the journey out.......a joke. This is the only flight I have ever taken a picture on to remind me not to use again. These people had a cruel streak in them. Use United or American. They have water!

Dec 10th, 2001, 06:05 AM
good

nice try Bob,

guess You work for United and now care for Your job.

Dec 11th, 2001, 06:37 AM

ttt