Reload this Page >

Lucy's Trip to Italy: Had A Great Time

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 02:34 PM
Lucy

Hi all my Fodors friends I am back! I am the "middle aged divorcee" who asked you all about where to mingle and meet in Italy. I see my question, as far as I can tell, has been deleted, as well as all your answers. <BR><BR>I had a wonderful, exciting trip. Beyond my dreams even. I am so glad I chose to go to Italy my first trip solo.<BR><BR>I did meet a very nice man in Rome and we spent alot of time together and got to know each other very well. He lives in Rome, widowed and a little younger.<BR><BR>I just want to thank you all for your encouragement before I left, without the good support from you (my friends were against me going alone) I would not have been so adventureous and open to meeting someone. This is a great site with great posters. <BR><BR>

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 02:40 PM
Kat

Lucy<BR><BR>I'm glad you had such a good time. I'll be visiting Rome for the first time with my family in July and can't wait.<BR><BR>I'm happy your adventure was such a success. You go girl!!!

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 02:46 PM
koko

Hey, how about a trip report?

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Curiosity killed the cat

No, no,no, Lucy...that ain't enough, if you want to pay your debts, you have to do it properly: We want the details, ALL the details (well...almost all the details ) Please DON'T leave us like that...

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 03:08 PM
Lucy

Well, I will tell some details.....but I am very busy catching up on my office work right now, but....we met the 2nd day I was in Italy, I was a little jet lagged still and was sitting at an outdoor cafe where we struck up a conversation, he learned English in school....oh, drat, the phone is ringing off the hook. I will post later. Thanks for the interest, it is a nice little story.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Eva

Lucy, way to go. I'm green. I'm going in the fall, so I want to know where, when, how, you know, all the details, or at least some of the details. Are you still an item or was it just a romantic trip adventure. Do tell us more.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Lucy

I have a minute, isn't it awful to get back to an office full of stuff waiting for you? We were at the cafe, started talking and he came over to my table (how detailed do you want it?), we talked for a long time, then I went to change and he met me in the lobby and we went to a very nice dinner. We walked and talked afterwards until the wee hours. Oh, how beautiful Rome is at night, the monuments are lit up, there are people walking everywhere, the fountains are flowing and it is heaven.<BR>Next day I went to the Vatican museums which is amazing in itself and to St. Peters which is overwhelming. I had seen it on TV at midnight services on Christmas Eve, but had no idea, absolutely no idea, how grand it is in person. Sistine chapel is beautiful, but trying to concentrate while being jostled is not easy. <BR>I met my friend again for drinks before dinner....how much info is appropriate here? I don't want to bore you all. Let me know.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Eva

Bored!! I am living vicariously through you.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 08:13 PM
xxoxx

Enough of the Hubba, we want to know about the Bubba Bubba.<BR><BR>Did you get the full Italian experience tour?

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 10:23 PM

YES-- the bubba, please.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 01:16 PM
We Want More

Come on Lucy, don't leave us hanging. Tell us more please.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Lucy

Here I am. Where was I, ok, well, we had a lovely dinner and half way through we held hands (sorry that is it for that day). He is an artist/art dealer originally from Milano with an apartment in Rome and a home on Stromboli island and the one in Milano where is elderly father lives. Ok the third day I saw his apartment and we had drinks on his veranda (that's it "pretty much"). After a few days, hey, I am "middle aged" after all and alot slower than I used to be, I left to go to planned trip to Positano. He followed me the next day, surprising me at Chez Black where I was having a soggy pizza. I thought I saw him in the distance by the boats and then when he got closer I was sure, it was him, heart leaps. More later, back to work (if you want to hear this).

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Eva

Lucy, you mean he followed you all the way to Positano?!!! How lucky can a lady get. Can't wait to hear more -

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Betsy

C'mon, Lucy...don't leave us hanging like this. Tell ALL!

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 04:02 AM
MoreMoreMore

Did he meet you in Venice???

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 03:28 PM

topping

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 08:38 PM
Carrie

LUCY----- we're waiting......

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 04:58 AM
XXX

Come on Lucy. More please.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 05:10 AM
YYY

Really, you people, Lucy is a lady. Real ladies don't kiss and tell.<BR><BR>Great trip Lucy!

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 05:19 AM
Santa Chiara

I don't believe this. This is not fair. I am Lucy's age, have been in Italy for three years and have never had an experience like this. I am SO jealous. Come on, Lucy, don't leave us dangling.<BR><BR>Along these lines, has anyone read "An Italian Affair" by Laura Fraser? Delizioso.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -