Lucca----BBPlanet.it-- for B&B's ??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi everyone--this is our first trip to Italy and so we are totally green. We are starting in Rome for a week and we are with a group for that, thank heaven! We are no spring chickens--both 60 and not so physically fit--we would rather not drive as we don't want to be stressed out! i was thinking of making Lucca a base for that neck of the woods so day trips wouldn't be too long --maybe a week or so there? It will be roughly around June 7-8 to june 14-15. Then we have until June 20 to make our way to split. in Croatia where we are meeting up with a group to go to Medjugorje in Bosnia, Hertzgovnia. we are as yet undecided as to how we are going to get there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone gone from Venice to Split via ferry or down along the coast by bus. perhaps. a last question--has anyone used BBPanet.it to make reservations for B&B..i have one on hold and just want to get a feel for them. i have a concern--the price advertised on line is 425 euros a week max and when I got their reply they quote 490 which is 7 times the daily rate. when I tried to query it i had it returned saying it couldn't be sent or some such as it was going to the reservation address I guess it was understandable. Thanks in advance for all help. Goofy
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 06:13 PM

I always try to communicate directly with a hotel or B&B, either by email or telephone. It's just safer.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 02:50 AM

I second that. I've been to BBplanet's website but I always deal with the B&Bs directly .
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 03:42 AM

Goofy,

I'm going to add my vote for communicating directly with the B&B. I'm currently planning to spend two weeks in Lucca this summer and I have reservations at a B&B called La Romea
I communicated directly with the owners which by the way were delightful and very helpful.
I'm not sure what the advantage is to book through an intermediary.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 04:02 AM

I don't know anything about BBPlanet but I wanted to say to Cruiseluv that I have such fond memories of La Romea. The owners are delightful and helpful and "mama" will fuss over you. You made a good choice!
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 08:18 AM

I always communicate directly with the hotel/B&B and have established some nice relationships before I arrive. Many are very open to answering questions via e-mail.
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 08:08 AM

Hi Judi,

Thanks for your comments! I'm really looking forward to my stay there!