Reload this Page >

Loved Italy... where to next?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Kim

As a latecomer to European travel, I took my first trip to Italy earlier this year. I'm thinking of planning another trip to Europe in early spring (Feb-April). I feel like I should go somewhere new, but would absolutely love to go back and explore more of Italy. I also thought that the weather might be more favorable in Italy that time of year - at least compared to France, Germany, England, etc. What to do???

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 02:06 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Go south--Amalfi coast and Sicily.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 02:08 PM
LJ

I would second the motion for the south of Italy: check out Puglia (Apullia), very remote and untouristy in parts.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Grasshopper

I would go to France or Switzerland. If you loved Italy, try the Italian region of Switzerland, or the Ticino. Absolutely beautiful with all of the things you love about Italy but none of the "inconveniences". Places to visit; Ascona, Locarno, Bellinzona.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 04:26 PM
Patrick

All of the suggestions for Italy are good, but at that time of year, if you really want to go somewhere different how about Spain? Madrid --- Toledo ---Cordoba --- Seville ---Ronda --- Granada?

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 07:30 PM
xxx

Sicily/southern Italy and spain or portugal are both excellent ideas. There might even be a group of people going there next spring.<BR><BR>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/travelcheap2000/join<BR>

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 07:50 AM
up

topping, for Kim<BR>

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 09:32 AM
Kim

Thanks so much for the replies! I hadn't thought too much about Spain or Portugal - maybe I'll read up on those, as well as southern Italy and Sicily.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 03:16 PM
Tim

<BR>Kim,<BR><BR>If you loved Italy, why not do what the Italians do when they want to &quot;go tourist&quot;? <BR><BR>Ferry over to Croatia from Ancona or Bari. Maybe keep on sailing down through Montenegro, and on to Greece...

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Julie

My vote would go for Spain or France. I too love Italy (and like Greece), but Spain and France both have so much to offer. Since you're going in early spring, you'd probably be best off with Spain, as it's a bit warmer climate than France.