Louvre season pass

Search

Louvre season pass

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Louvre season pass

I have learned so much from this forum but have not seen this subject discussed and I can't figure it out for myself from the Louvre website. Can anyone purchase the season pass or do you have to be an educational or art professional? Alas, I am neither but am planning on spending many hours at the Louvre in February and later in the fall.
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 06:55 PM

There is an annual pass for Amis du Louvre-
http://www.amisdulouvre.fr/participe...articulier.php
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 08:46 AM

The site gives the criteria for passes, there are expensive ones for entire families or ones that cost 35 euro for professionals. The family one costs 80 euro. There are various professions that qualify other than education or art, but it is only certain professions which it states (eg, journalists and tourism professionals can get one). It isn't just for anyone (it is called carte Louvre professionels). The point of giving a discount on an annual pass is for professions where going there is part of the job.

There is also an annual pass for those less than age 30.

It costs a lot to become a donor (Amis du Louvre), that wouldn't make any economic sense just because you are going to the Louvre a lot as a tourist. I think 160 euro and even then the annual pass isn't free, but 40 euro.

If you are spending so many hours that the family pass makes sense vs. individual tickets, you might get that even though only one person will use it. Even that won't cover special exhibitions, though. It is good for two adults, I don't think they even have to be related (or no proof is required), so if you have someone else to share it with, that would work. This is the application you fill out and give to the desk at the espace adhesion http://www.louvre.fr/sources/adhesion_clf.pdf