Reload this Page >

Louvre Saint Romaine Hotel Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 1999, 09:51 AM
Gail

Will be staying at the Louvre Saint Romaine Hotel in Feb. 2000. Anyone ever been there, it's near the Tuilleries? <BR> <BR>Thanks

Old Aug 26th, 1999, 01:03 PM
elaine

<BR>Can you give me an address for your hotel?. A few years ago I stayed at a place called just the St Romain <BR>at 5-7 rue St Roch. Same place?

Old Aug 26th, 1999, 04:38 PM
Beth

Gail-- <BR>I too stayed at the Hotel St Romaine near the Tuilleries on Rue St Roch last December. <BR>Other than having the smallest elevator I've ever had the pleasure to ride in, it was a nice place. The rooms had a private bath, which was quite large, comfortable beds and were quite roomy. <BR>The staff was friendly and very helpful. <BR>A full breakfast was included, which was exceptional. <BR>Its best quality is the location. A short walk to the Louvre, Tuilleries, Champs Elysee, the Opera and the Seine. <BR>Its just a block off the rue de Rivoli, a souvenir shoppers paradise! Lots of small shops with "Paris" t-shirts, berets, etc. It is also just a short walk to the Metro stop Palais Royale. <BR>I have recommended this hotel to others and would stay there again. <BR>Hope your mid-winter trip is wonderful! <BR>Beth

Old Aug 27th, 1999, 04:40 AM
elaine

Since it's the same place, I will again chime in with a recommendation. <BR>The hotel was clean, pleasant, and had a fabulous location. The decor was more functional than charming, but perfectly fine. I would certainly stay there again, as I would at the place across the street, the Louvre Montana at 12 rue St Roch. <BR>

Old Aug 27th, 1999, 05:23 AM
Erin

I too recommend this hotel. It's inexpensive, clean, has a great staff and good breakfast. The location is ideal, walking distance to The Louvre, D'Orsay, Place du Concorde, Opera, Notre Dame, and St Chapelle. Tons of little shops and great restaurants and there are a couple of Metro stops in the area. I would definitely stay there again. Enjoy!