Search

Louvre Area

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Louvre Area

We will be in Paris in October for 5 days and will be staying in the Louvre area. We need suggestions for restaurants. All price range would be welcome.
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 11:40 AM

I recommend Le Fumoir on Adm. Coligny Blvd., The restaurant faces the east facada of the Louvre, its about a block down (towards the Seine) from Rivoli.
I really enjoyed this place. I call this a medium budget, and all the dishes I ordered were beautifully prepared and delicious. (I chose this place for my Thanksgiving Dinner last year...)
For pastries, chocolates, tea and cafe, sandwiches, continue down towards the Seine on Coligny, and I think its called La Cahors. (I probably have misspelled this).
At the end of the block, in line with the Pont Neuf is the Cafe Corona,
at which I had a nice steak and pommes frites.
I also enjoyed a dinner at a little cafe called The Cafe du Pont Neuf. Its along the river...close to the Samaritan.
So? Where you staying?
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response. We are spending two nights at Timhotel Le Louvre.We then are leaving on a 7 day badge trip and coming back and will stay at the Hotel Le Relais Du Louve for three nights. Any other suggestions on what to do etc. are welcome as we have'nt been to Paris in years.
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 07:32 AM

Oh my! I barged with friends in Burgundy two years ago. You bare-boating (self crewing) or on a crewed barge?
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

It will be a crew barge with a group called French Country Waterways. There will be 18 people on board and will be in the Burgundy region. Did you like your trip? Don't know anyone who has done this. Have you heard of those hotels. I know they aren't top of the line but the barge trip is expensive
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 09:59 AM

14 of us rented 2 boats (barges) and we were on the Soane river and the Canal d'Central. I LOVED BURGUNDY.
We did the work tho, and locks are NOT a snap of the fingers! One day we did I thin 36 locks...it was exhausting.
Er...what hotels?
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 10:03 AM

oops.. I see, you had another thread started about Louvre hotels...
The Timhotels look quite cute! I'd stay in one. Hellsbells, I stayed at the Hotel St. Andre Des Arts and enjoyed it! (1 star..but clean enough and the bathroom was private..coz at the time, I needed REALLY inexpensive. I could have gone cheaper still, but I can't bring myself to "go down the hall" for the facilities... call me fastidious! HAHAHAHA!)
There is no real need to stay around the Louvre...all of Paris is pretty darned terrific!
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 10:15 AM

I think one nice thing about staying near the Louvre would be that you could visit the Louvre a couple times per day (if you had a museum pass). That would be the best way to absorb the voluminous, overwhelming collections.
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

What way would you suggest would be the best to get from CDA to that area?