Reload this Page >

LOT Polish Airlines

Search

LOT Polish Airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2001, 01:10 PM
Scott

LOT Polish Airlines

Has anyone ever heard of or used LOT Polish Airlines? <BR> <BR>I would like some details on them, from a personal perspective.

Old May 14th, 2001, 02:41 PM
topper

to the top

Old May 14th, 2001, 04:33 PM
s.fowler

My husband flwe LOT Chicago-Warsaw-Sofia_Warsaw-Chicago last September. I just asked him and he said "They were very good." I asked in what way and he mentioned the food and the service.

Old May 14th, 2001, 07:25 PM
Scott

Thanks for the info from your husband! <BR> <BR>Is there anywhere I can find statistical data about LOT? For instance, number of mechanical problems or general upkeep of their planes? My mom was curious about this fact (if you ask me, she's paranoid...but I suppose it's reasonable).

Old May 14th, 2001, 08:43 PM
Marc David Miller

For the paranoid, the voyeristic, the statistician in all of us, <BR> <BR>http://www.airdisaster.com/ <BR> <BR>It a) provide a resource for timely updates on breaking aviation-safety related stories, b) provide a central location for retrieval of information dealing with aviation accidents past and present, and c) provide a forum for the public to express their opinions on the topics covered on this site. <BR> <BR>Something to surf to on a rainy day.

Old May 14th, 2001, 09:30 PM
Agi

LOT is a great airline. I fly it always traveling from Poland. They had two big problems in a past. In 1979 one plane crashed near Warsaw. It was the time , when they udes russian aeroplanes, so it doesn't counts. Second time, they had a problem in 1994, when the palne rolled out of the way in Warsaw ( 1 passanger died -heartattack). Now they bought 12 new Boeings, have an great service and most impostant- the planes are not so crowded like BA or Lufthansa. Try it!

Old May 15th, 2001, 04:48 AM
Mitch

I flew LOT last year from Chicago to Warsaw. Great flight!! Food was better than average, and service was MUCH better than any flight from a U.S. based airline. I would certainly fly LOT again. I doin't know their website offhand.., but try a search on yahoo and it should come up.

Old May 15th, 2001, 10:22 AM
tom

I flew Lott Airlines a few years ago from Warsaw to London. Had no problem at all. In fact, there was good leg room and the food was not bad. I had spent a week in Poland and was tired of Polish food -- but the food and service on board were better than on U.S airlines these days.

Old May 15th, 2001, 01:55 PM
Rich

<BR> <BR>Flew LOT a couple of times out of Moscow. Like Aeroflot, their international flights are much better than domestic ones. Mostly western aircraft and well trained crew. Can't recall hearing about any crashes of their aircraft. <BR> <BR>Did not eat on either flight but others did and there were no riots. (unlike some of the Aeroflot flights) . <BR> <BR>Rich

Old Sep 9th, 2009, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lot is the best airline to get to Poland or even Europe!I flew Chicago-Warsaw-Moscow and back and Chicago-Warsaw-London and back.It turns out Lot is cheaper than BA.The food is great , and the crew is always very, very nice.

I prefer Lot to everyone!