Lost one in Spain

Search

Lost one in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost one in Spain

Are there ways to search for someone you have lost touch with as there are in US? We sent a letter to Sebastian Sanchez-Garcia, our exchange student in early nineties. It came back as undeliverable. However, three days later we received a post card from Japan where he was vacationing--of course no return address. His father was orthopedic surgeon. Last address was c/Maldonado 548B, Madrid 28006. We hope to go to Spain in Spring and want to relocate him. Had exchange student from Valencia this summer so hope to get there also.
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 10:33 AM

Telefonica is Spain's phone company. I went to their website: telefonica.es and went to their white pages:

http://www.telefonica.es/index/guias...esblancas.html

I'm not sure if you understand any Spanish, so I've done some quick translating for you (sorry if I've oversimplified, I don't mean to offend):

1. selecciona provincia = select city/province (use the drop down to find Madrid)

2. Rellena, al menos, uno de los tres primeros campos = fill in at least one of the three fields.

Nombre/razón social: first name here
Ej. Alfonso (eg. Alfonso)
(This is where you type in Sebastian)

Primer apellido: first last-name
Ej. López
(this is where you type in Sanchez)

Segundo apellido: second last-name
Ej. González
(this is where you type in Garcia)

Localidad: Madrid
Ej. Ávila

Calle: Street name
Ej. Vallespín

Nš: house Nš
Ej. 47

I tried using the address you provided but there were no results that matched. so I just left his full name in and got 4 results for Madrid:

SEBASTIAN SANCHEZ GARCIA
Nuevas Avenidas 3
28938 MOSTOLES - Madrid
916 175 993

SEBASTIAN SANCHEZ GARCIA
Córdoba 7
28850 TORREJON DE ARDOZ - Madrid
916 769 992

SEBASTIAN SANCHEZ GARCIA
Violeta Parra 7
28903 GETAFE - Madrid
916 815 308

SEBASTIAN SANCHEZ GARCIA
Iglesia 24
28470 CERCEDILLA - Madrid
918 521 601

I hope this helps you. I figured I would just walk you through it in case you wanted to search other cities like Valencia, etc.

Good luck!

Beth
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 10:33 AM

Have you tried looking up his father through the Spanish Medical Association - they should have the address/info - for his office or hospital at least.
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

BethGL I completely lost track of this site and rediscovered it accidentally today. Thank you for your help. I will save the instructions and my one semester of Spanish will probably provide limited help although I have a co-worker who is fluent in Spanish.
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 04:35 AM

sbruner,

I was wondering how it all turned out. Keep us informed and let us know if you find your old exchange student.

Beth
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 05:39 AM

another way to find this boy would be through the exchange program office in madrid where he signed up.
we keep files for years, so if you know the name of the program, contact them via their website and good luck.

i live in valencia, so if i can help in anyway. i know most of the program directors here.
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all suggestions. I am going to get aerograms this week and try the names/addresses posted last fall--with the help of my Spanish speaking friend. I will let you know if we connect. So frustrating to get a card from him from Japan this summer with no return address.