Lorelei et Londres Reservation

Jan 31st, 2008, 07:37 PM
Original Poster

Lorelei et Londres Reservation

How is the best way to inquire about a reservation at this hotel...fax or phone call. They appear not to have a website or email address.

Any opinions about Lorelei et Londres?...seems to be at both ends of the travelor opinion poll, some think it is great place, at good rate and great views, while other say it old, run down and but for the view is a old dump of a place to stay. The price seems right but the reviews tend to scare me. Let me hear from anyone who can weigh in on this place.

Jan 31st, 2008, 10:15 PM

I read here a few months ago that they were closing for renovation. Maybe they are not reopened or maybe they will not reopen. Hopefully someone knows.
Feb 1st, 2008, 01:01 AM

Lorelei is currently closed for Renovations.
Feb 2nd, 2008, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Is it closed just for the Winter months and will reopen or are the renovations going to keep it closed thoughout 2008. We will be there in late April 2008. I have tried to call and fax and cannot get through.
Feb 2nd, 2008, 09:50 AM

Don't count on it being reopened at least by April, this is February! I was told that they may not reopen at all, you just never know. Make other plans.
Feb 3rd, 2008, 07:15 AM
Original Poster

Your probably right about other plans, Any suggestions for a lower priced hotel for our 3 night stay? Several B&Bs come up in town and I have looked at Il Nido and Hotel Villa. Both of these are outside of town and require a shuttle or cab. Hotel Minera look nice nut its E140 a night. Would like to sat somewher arounf E90 to 100. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS. THANKS
Feb 3rd, 2008, 08:39 AM

We stayed at Palazzo Starace (pronounced Star - arch - ee) a number of years ago and really liked it's central position. Easy walk to train and bus station and shops, restaurants etc. It was reasonably basic but had everything we wanted and was super clean. It's not like a hotel with reception, it's more like rooms in a historic house.

http://www.palazzostarace.com/english/index.asp

It's on the main road, but we didn't notice any noise. We had a small balcony and breakfast was the typical cappuccino and croissants in a cafe over the road.

Prices seem to vary, but looks to be in your price range.
Kay