Looking for Pisa Hotel

Search

Looking for Pisa Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2018, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 42 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking for Pisa Hotel

I am having a hard time finding a hotel in Pisa for the end of November. Its needed for only one night and while prices are low, around $100 and under, none look appealing to me. I need a room with 2 beds and was looking halfway between the central rail station and the leaning tower. I didn't want to exactly stay by the tower but will if the room looks better than what I am finding. My requirements are clean, included wifi, breakfast, 2 beds and decent bathroom/shower. I am willing to pay more than $100-$125. It will be my last night in Italy so while I don't need 5 star a decent 2-3 star is fine. I am open to suggestions if anyone is willing to offer any.

Thanks.
Old Jun 16th, 2018, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I was planning a night there a couple of years ago, I was going to stay at the Royal Victoria. Changed my plans and didn't stop in Pisa, but would still stay there if or when I plan an overnight in Pisa in the future.
Royal Victoria Hotel Pisa (Sito Web Ufficiale) Alberghi Pisa hotel pisa 3 stelle
Old Jun 16th, 2018, 03:13 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Holly. This is one of the two that are on my list. I didn't list the hotels as I figured if people recommended one over the other that was how I would decide.

I will be coming from Florence so I know the hotels cannot compare. I could stay another night in Florence but I'm leaving from Pisa to Munich for an overnight before coming home. I want to be well rested and not stressed in catching my plane as I want as much energy as possible to spend in Munich.
Old Jun 16th, 2018, 08:17 PM

I stayed at the Royal Victoria a few years ago (2011). At the time, the hotel was badly in need of renovation, but it was still neat to visit such an old, charming place, like stepping back in time, when the hotel must have been the epitome of elegance and class. The location is good, right on the Arno and far away from the obnoxious tourist mess by the tower. There's a bus stop not far from the hotel I think. However, if you haven't been to Pisa, realize it's not exactly charming like Florence. It's a university town, which can mean you'll see more students partying late at night than anything else (the hotel is adjacent to the university). I enjoyed walking along the Arno, but it's definitely a different experience than walking along the Arno in Florence. Pisa is more "gritty" for sure.

My room at the Royal Victoria was really small with one twin bed - I cheaped out and stayed in a room with a shared bathroom, something I would normally never do - but a room with a private bathroom was more than 2X the cost, and I loved the location, and I wanted the experience of staying in an old place like that, so I stayed a night and it was fine.

Here are some pictures of it FYI:

https://www.portlandbridges.com/01,5...isa-italy.html
Old Jun 16th, 2018, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by sassy27
I will be coming from Florence so I know the hotels cannot compare. I could stay another night in Florence but I'm leaving from Pisa to Munich for an overnight before coming home. I want to be well rested and not stressed in catching my plane as I want as much energy as possible to spend in Munich.

Just a few thoughts.

For the money you'll get a nicer hotel in Pisa . Florence prices are higher across the board.

OTOH it's not much harder taking the train/bus from Florence to Pisa airport. Especially if you're staying away from Pisa station. At Florence it's about an hour by train to Pisa and then the People mover to the airport. Or take the bus from Florence direct to the airport. Staying away from the Pisa station means you won't be gaining much when compared to just staying in Florence.

Personally I wouldn't worry about breakfast. Just stop in a bar. You may not even like the hotel breakfast so why make it a requirement?

Budget in $ is just confusing. I assume you mean US$ but between now and November who knows how many € that will be.
Old Jun 17th, 2018, 06:28 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both.

Sorry, the price I listed is USD ($). Cheaper than Florence I know as I was going to book now. That is the price range I get for the two hotels in Pisa I'm looking at. I have been to Florence and Pisa before but doing this a little different. I was disappointed when I first was there but going back with a different mindset to try again and hoping for less crowds.