Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Looking for people to meet during a bike trip in Europe!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2023, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone!

My girlfriend Marie and I, Raph, are planning a bike trip of at least 6 months in Europe starting next September. We're both finishing our studies, and have had a burning desire for several years to leave France and travel on our own.

One of the aims of this trip is to raise awareness and share our knowledge on various themes linked to ecology, such as eco-tourism, self-sufficiency, reuse, food, sharing... Particularly through meetings in schools, or the development of participative workshops.

Through this objective, we'll be meeting local people and discovering new initiatives. We're therefore looking for people who might be willing to host us for a night or two, whether to pitch our tent or offer us a sofa, to share a discussion, help us discover a local dynamic, be it environmental, cultural, social, educational or agricultural, or even to travel a little way with us.

We'll be passing through France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Georgia and Armenia. The itinerary is not definitive, but will evolve according to our desires and encounters.

So don't hesitate to contact me if you're interested in the project, or if you know people we could meet during our trip!

PS: I don't have an instagram account dedicated to this project yet (not my thing, social networks), but it's coming soon!

Raph
Old Jul 26th, 2023, 07:37 AM

When? Where? What route are you taking? Give us some more hints please.
Not that I am likely to meet up with you but any cyclists out there need more info!
I assume you mean a bicycle btw not a motorbike. Maybe that needs clarifying too.
Old Jul 26th, 2023, 07:48 AM
Original Poster

Yes sure ! We are leaving Paris in mid-september to go Belgium, then down to Luxemburg, Switzerland and finally Italy. From there, we'll take the Eurovelo 8 that follows the mediterranean coast until Turkey. Then we'll go across Turquey to get to Georgia. Hard to be very precise about the dates when we'll be in a given country, but we are aiming to get to Turkey in december-january. And yes, I meant by bicycle ! Thanks for your reply, hope it's is more clear now.

Last edited by Raphii; Jul 26th, 2023 at 07:51 AM.
Old Jul 26th, 2023, 07:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
couldn't be a motorbike and eco tourism...

You might find these guys at least a partial interest https://www.workaway.info
Old Jul 26th, 2023, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

Great, thanks for the sharing ! I'll check this out
Old Jul 26th, 2023, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by bilboburgler
couldn't be a motorbike and eco tourism...

You might find these guys at least a partial interest https://www.workaway.info
There are electric motorbikes bilbo, just as there are electric campers. I follow a young couple who have converted an E-Ducato into a camper and take off for months at a time. Very envious I admit, not so much of the Ducato,which they have had a fair few problems with (some things never change as far as Ducatos go), but the e-camper adventures generally.
A guy round the corner just bought himself an electric motorbike. Almost makes up for his mega US model Pickup Truck, almost, but not really. Bricklaying clearly pays though.

Anyway I wish OP well on their adventures - maybe they could start a blog?