Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Looking for Greece yacht/cruise companies

May 6th, 2007, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

I am looking for a 7-day Greek Island hopping vacation preferably on a yacht or small cruise line. I'd like to go with a company who can offer us opportunities to learn about the culture and the history of the Greek people and islands. Can anyone recommend reputable companies who we should consider cruising/sailing with who are noted for their hospitality and high quality accommodations/food?
May 6th, 2007, 07:03 AM

The Cruise Authority has a wesite where you can see a wide offering of cruises to Greece.

Based on your phrasing, you appear to have a generous budget, as chartering a yacht of any size is an expensive propostion.

For the most informed responses, you need to think about your price range and take this to a cruise oriented forum either on Fodors or somewhere else.
May 6th, 2007, 08:25 AM

I can't vouch for this website, but it might help: http://www.sailingissues.com/yacht-charter-greece.html
May 11th, 2007, 12:25 PM

Hi there, being passionates of sailing we are currently creating a website regarding sailing activity in Greece at http://www.pixida.net, on which you will probably found what you are looking for i.e. sailing brokers & contacts, price comparison tool, boats info & pictures.

Enjoy your visit and hope you will find what you are looking for.
May 11th, 2007, 02:07 PM

Several years ago we chartered with Valef and had a wonderful time. We could choose the itinerary(captain had final approval, of course). They provide motor yachts and sailboats. We really enjoyed the crew and the meals were memorable--wonderful Greek food but we could have personalized it as much as we wanted. I would use the company again--wonderful service and wonderful trip!