Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Looking for a villa in Rome for wedding dinner

Feb 19th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

June 05 wedding in ROme. Want to find an beautiful old villa to have wedding dinner. can be outside of ROme and can be a hotel. Requirement: al fresco and a beautiful old location.
Feb 19th, 2005, 08:11 AM
rex

Is 50 miles out too far? We stayed in "the castle" of Orvinio about five years ago; while the interiors reveal a lot of faded glory, the outdoor spaces would be perfect; I know that the owner had done some weddings and other special events there. I have no idea what you would do about catering (and the owner might not be a lot of help because he really does not speak English); there is a great bakery in the little town.

When is this wedding? Heck, I'm a good cook - - how many people do you have in mind? What budget? (mostly kidding, but not entirely)...

Best wishes,

Rex Bickers
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
Feb 19th, 2005, 12:28 PM

is anzio/nettuno on the coast about 1 hour east of rome ok??? if interested i could email a cousin in anzio for more information. wwwwwe weere just there for a baptism ceelebration in sept. a converted old villa that just does events like this not sure if the owner speaks english though. fablulous food-multicoarse wine included. let me know
Feb 22nd, 2005, 03:15 AM

La Posta Vecchia hotel, the former home of J Paul Getty, which is less than an hour outside Rome. Further up the coast is their sister hotel, Il Pelicano. Both are gorgeous and have all your requirements (OK Il Pelicano is not a villa, but otherwise would meet your requirements.) Both are in Patrica Shultz’s book 1,000 Places to see before you die.

La Posta Vecchia
Palo Laziale
I-00055 Ladispoli, Roma
(Lazio)
Italy
Tél. + 39 06 994 95 01
Fax + 39 06 994 95 07
[email protected]

Il Pelicano
I-58018 Porto Ercole
(Toscana)
Italy