Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Looking for a 3 or 4 Day tour Suggestions in Turkey

Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend is going to Turkey for 2 weeks. She will be spending a few days in Istanbul on her own and a few days at a south beach. Can anyone suggest a 3 or 4 day tour that would compliment what she's planned already?
Any good tour companies that do short tours. NOt looking for Globus or any those big companies that do 14 day tours.

Thanks for any help.
Old May 4th, 2006, 03:16 AM

Write to Parasol Holidays

[email protected]

Have a nice trip in Turkey

Sinan Akdneiz
Old May 4th, 2006, 04:43 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much. I will pass this along to my friend.
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 10:16 AM

Hi, if your friend hasn't already booked a tour, I recommend the Fez tour (www.feztravel.com). I've traveled with them 3 years ago and it was fantastic. So much so, that I'm going again this year and booked 3 tickets for the 'Silk Tour'. Unfortunately, i've now had to cancel so if you're interested in the tour, let me know so I can arrage a transfer to your friend's name at a discounted rate
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 10:17 AM

I was on my own as a single female traveller for part of my time in turkey and did not do any tours (not my thing).

however, i did join up with a group of nine people for a 3 day gulet trip out of Fethiye. that was in june. the particular boat i was on stopped at several interesting locals for hiking and exploring ruins. you have to be very careful about choosing the right outfit, though. friends of mine chose a different gulet company with a different route and felt it was just "average."

personally, my favorite part of turkey is Cappadocia. that's my recommendation. it's completely unique and stunningly beautiful.

i stayed at several places in cappadocia, one of which was giramasu hotel. a very beautiful place. the guy who owns it, suleyman, is terrific. he also does tours and balloon rides. i think his outfit is "cappadoccia tours." your friend could check in with him. he's a great source of info and wont try to "sell" you on anything.

i also stayed at kelebek hotel in cappadoccia, and they run tours to the ihlara valley and other places as well. you'd be suprised at how much you can do "a la carte" if you want to create your own tour.

a lot depends on what your friend is interested in--culture? nature? also, it depends on what time of year she's going. send us a few details so we can help with more specifics.
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

selin, I have passed the information along to my friend...Thank you so much.

Asa4, my friend leaves next week and I know she is talking about a gulet trip. so this information will be great to pass along. It sounds like you had a great time... I know my friend will really appreciate all the information you have provided. Thanks very much.
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 09:10 AM

asa4 said "3 day gulet trip out of Fethiye. that was in june. the particular boat i was on stopped at several interesting locals for hiking and exploring ruins. you have to be very careful about choosing the right outfit"
>>How would I get linked up with the boat you did?
>>What characteristics make the "right outfit" to go with?
We'll be going to Turket Summer 2007 for 2 weeks and all the postings have been great. Thanks.