Reload this Page >

Long Weekend in Reykjavik - what to do?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 05:46 PM
Jen

Swayed by cheap airfare, my husband and I are heading to Reykjavik for a long weekend. <BR> <BR>What should we definitely see, do? <BR>What day tour can take us to see the 'golden circle'? <BR>Any info is appreciated! <BR> <BR>Also - we assumed that, primarily, English is spoken...were we naive? <BR> <BR>Thanks!

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 07:00 PM
Elinor

If you like horses, Icelandic pony riding would be great fun for you. To find out more about riding or about Reykjavik contact [email protected]. Holly & Brad do tours, visit Iceland several times a year and love to talk about it.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 05:25 AM
Dave

Everybody speaks English, even though the official language is Icelandic. <BR> <BR>Hotels can arrange tours for you. We stayed in the hotel by the airport, and they had a tour desk open all the time. Twice we made arrangements there after midnight. The day bus tour of the "golden circle" is the staple, as is one of Reykjavik. Also consider a flight to Greenland for the day, a flight over the glaciers, and to Haimai(?sp). Going to Akureyri and Lake Myva is very interesting, but takes two days. <BR> <BR>I imagine Icelandair can also provide you with much info on local to-do's. <BR> <BR>Have a great time!

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 05:41 AM
ilisa

Icelandair has a lot of tours, including the Golden Circle tour. I don't know how their prices compare to other tours, but you can see descriptions and prices on their website.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 05:03 AM
Jen

Thanks for the prompt responses!