Reload this Page >

Long-term Car Rental/Lease in Europe

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 1998, 09:55 AM
Helena

I'm considering renting/leasing a car for four or five months, in Europe, starting as soon as I can organize it. Can anyone recommend a good source? The best place for me to pick up/return the car would be Munich. Please let me know where on the web I can hunt, I'm trying to compare prices and policies. Thank you all!

Old Mar 16th, 1998, 12:56 PM
SAR

About ten years ago, I leased a Renault for one year. It was actually a purchase with a guaranteed buy back and came out to be quite economical, especially since it included all insurance, no deductible, and no questions asked about the several bits of damage (a couple of attempted break-ins)and one minor accident (they covered all costs of repair) Try 1-800-477-7116. Good luck.

Old Mar 16th, 1998, 10:02 PM
Tricia

Helena, I have a book here in front of me called The Car, Van $ RV traval guide by David shore and Patty Campbell. I found it in the Eurotrip website (www.eurotrip.com) Click on Web links, then on the next page click on cars/autos and then a list of resources will come up Part way down is the link to the campbells website.. Here is their phone number, 1/800 659-5222. It is full of info and tells you where to lease cars. Munich is a good place-- Germany is cheapest country in Europe! Good luck!

Old Mar 17th, 1998, 02:52 AM
Helena

Thank you both for your input. What I'm also worried about is the fact that I will have the car for a good amount of time in Eastern Europe. Some rental companies won't allow cars to be taken to this area without extreme insurance premiums... I'll check out all your suggestions. I've also received one earlier tip on the Renault option, and am investigating. Thank you again!

Old Mar 17th, 1998, 07:32 AM
SAR

Helena, just a follow-up. When I rented the car from Renault, I spent six months with it in Romania and six months in England. As I remember, there were no restrictions on where I could take it.