lonely planet

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 09:27 AM
sorry forus

lonely planet

Today the lonely planet has chosen to remove their expensive site YOUR CHOICE because of a hand ful of regulars who monopolize with inappropiate comments that have nothing to do with travel.Look at the message and please don't let it happen to us.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 10:27 AM
Christina

you must be on living a different planet than I, as I just looked at it and it's perfectly normal. That's an odd site that attracts some typical travelers but a lot of young immature goofballs, for some reason. Lonelyplanet does have registration which some people here (not me) think solves everthing, and they do periodically monitor the forums and remove certain posts--sometimes their staff is a little too intrusive IMO. I don't look at it much because I just don't like the interface and a few other reasons regarding the general population. But, what's your point, anyway? I get real tired of uptight people complaining on this board about how narrow and controlled they want their internet experience to be and how they want everybody to think and say only things they like.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 12:46 PM
Ralf

But, Christina, at the end of our reply
you do the same thing.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 12:50 PM
xxx

Back off, Christina. If you are same Christina who knows everything about Paris, you are one of the least tolerant people on this board. If that's not you, then I apologize for the confusion. Sorry Forus was simply pointing out what could happen to this board if Fodor's gets sick of all the bitchin' and moanin'. If you don't like it here, go elsewhere. I can certainly understand why you don't fit in with the LP crowd. There are a lot of young, immature people there, but there are also a lot of easy going, open minded truly friendly people who want to answer the questions of others and not force their personal opinions down their throats as people so often do here.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 12:59 PM
another no for christina

Your Choice is currently up and running, but if you had bothered to scroll down a bit before blasting the original poster, Christina, you would have seen the post from the Lonely Planet Editors stating that they were in fact taking the forum down because of inappropriate posts that had nothing to do with travel.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 01:10 PM
bee bop

Christina, you belong on a lonely planet.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 01:31 PM
R.S.

And take Book Hen with you.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 01:49 PM
Gerry

I just spent 20 minutes seaching the Lonely Planet site for this message. All I could find was a message that Lonely Planet was going to be down for "a brief hiatas" for 2 hours on June 30.
If someone has seen the message refered to on this maybe they could cut and paste it for us to see.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 02:05 PM
Gerry

Found it! Way down it the Your Choice section. If you read the replys, you will see that it is just case of someone impersonating the editors.
Sorry for you, sorry for us.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 02:25 PM
Brain Trust

And the trolls win again! Thank you for investigating the situation accurately, Gerry.

And once again, if you don't like a particular person's posts, you are under NO obligation to read them!

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 06:35 AM
AllTheSame

Are you the same Christina who can switch from Pidgin English to Perfect English at the drop of a hat ( droppa da hat ) ???

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 05:01 PM
IMO

"Sorry Forus" is a troll post to begin with.
And, probably one of the many immature kids that hang out there.
The Lonely Planet site in its entirety has seriously degraded to the point that you need to take most messages with a grain of salt. There's just lots and lots of completely phony posts. It's really a shame.