Reload this Page >

Londoneye Problems again!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2000, 02:48 AM
Gayle

My husband and I are travelling from Australia and will be in London early March. After checking the website and reading everyones comments I realised I'd better book the "eye" tickets in case we miss out. (long distance charge or not!) I tried 3 times unsuccessfully and when I checked with the Aussie operater, who checked it out, he said that the 870 area code cannot be called from Australia! (must be a special recording prefix that we cant handle!) So maybe their marketing guys don't think they need the Aussie Dollar! - I'll give a travel agent a call tomorrow and see if its possible for any Australian to "book ahead". P.S I really enjoy the forum.

Old Feb 21st, 2000, 03:25 AM
frank

The telephone lines for booking the London Eye have been swamped for the past few days, according to BBC radio 4 <BR>yesterday.The organisers were promising <BR>to open up more lines.

Old Feb 21st, 2000, 06:11 AM
Lori

Gayle, <BR>I can feel for you and the London Eye problem!! Read my comments on this Forum about it and how long it took me to get through - I called my message The London Eye, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. It cost me a small fortune in calls listening to their way over-long recording, I finally booked the thing, but there need be a more "user friendly" system. Certainly they expect visitors from abroad so why not make it simpler? To say I was frustrated was putting it mildy. Good luck getting through, let us know if you do!

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 01:32 AM
gayle

Thanks Frank & Lori, I got through! Do you think it maybe a con so that we are so grateful to have succeeded that we don't care that they just ripped us off big time on the phone bill? I'm happy to have the tickets anyway, so it worked with me! Thankfully the tickets are not too overpriced. I think they're pretty good value, what do you think? - Gayle

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 07:01 AM
Lori

Gayle, <BR>I am so glad you got through, please post a report on the "eye" after your March trip (we don't go till April). I'm with you on thinking that by the time we got through we had been so challenged by the experience we stopped thinking that they were ripping us off big time on the phone charges. At least the admission fee is realistic (of course I could have taken a group of you with me with what the phone bill will be ......). Let's hope it is all worth it.

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 02:24 PM
gayle

Hi Lori, we dont get back to Australia until 24th April - we're going on to Italy, Switzerland, Germany and 2 nights Vienna. It's our first time to UK/Europe, and we can't wait. Good luck with the "Eye" - It better be worth it hey? -